What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Like Richard I paid around £40 but about 4 or 5 years ago.

Vinyl collecting has changed over the years now you have to sign up with artists and labels to get alerts and hope you open up the email before they are sold out it can be a very frustrating business.

1 Like

John Coltrane Quartet - Crescent, Impulse RE, RM (1997)

419PY9QJ2HL.AC

3 Likes

John Coltrane - My Favourite Things - Atlantic Rhino, (2015)

jUst bought two Coltrane records in lieu of my refund for the new London Grammar record.

51ZcQN1W+1L.AC

3 Likes

The Lucinda Willaims Tom Petty tribute.

Though when I opened the package it was clearly not new, not being in any shrink wrap and instead placed in a used plastic record sleeve. Both discs marked up quite badly too. So, I guess it was a return after someone’s had a bit of a heavy go on it. And either someone at Amazon has made an error or they’re taking the p*ss. I suspect the former.

So went on to Amazon site, said I wanted a replacement and a minute later I got a message saying another one is arriving tomorrow! Which is nice.

I see the normal price one is awaiting repress so I’ll drop Scott a email to see if I can order through him when it’s available

1 Like

Erroll Garner: Night Concert.
Fresh new release~
81mUvxj7hjL.SY355

2 Likes

The Classic Records Kind Of Blue is very good and IIRC correctly the first to issue the corrected speed
Edit: my copy is the 2LP 1995 Classic Records pressing with both original and corrected speeds, just had a look on Discogs, sadly high asking prices
:heart:

The original B52’s LP is a pretty good sounding record
:heart:

1 Like

Where can these De Agostini albums be viewed/purchased? When I searched I found what looked like a subscription service.

Clive, try Discogs or the online auction sites - search for De Agostini or Jazz at 33 1/3.

Worth reminding everyone that Acoustic Sounds is issuing a couple of UHQR reissues of Kind of Blue this year, one at 33 1/3 and the other a 2LP 45rpm set. From what I gather they’re taken from the old Classic Records cuts so could well be stellar, especially on ultra quiet vinyl.

2 Likes

Thank you. I assume it’s no longer possible to buy new then, which would suggest it’s not possible to search the catalogue. I find it’s much safer to buy CD records secondhand than vinyl records.

If you look at Discogs it will show you the entire catalogue. Most are available either new and sealed or at least mint but unsealed.

Ese and the Voodoo People - Mercury in Retrograde. Arrived today (thanks @TheKevster). Very nicely packaged and designed (superb in fact), heavyweight card gatefold sleeve, poly lined inners and a nice touch with the poly outer sleeve too - nicely done. My copy is No 17 out of 500 so must have been pretty quick off the mark ordering! Look forward to spinning it this week.

IMG_3159

IMG_3160

5 Likes

Looks like Kev pulled out all the stops, puts some record companies to shame👍

2 Likes

Agree - its a beautifully presented double album.

3 Likes

Thanks. I had a look, but unfortunately there’s nothing of interest that I don’t already have in my collection in one version or another.

It’s a curated collection that mainly covers what they view as the most essential releases to introduce you to Jazz, so if you already have good copies of them then it’s likely not going to be of much interest.

@YetiZone @Gazza … Aw shucks! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Any info on pre-ordering this, @Richard.Dane ? I just visited the Acoustic Sounds website and did not find any pre-release info (eg in “Coming Soon” sorted by title) … Thanks!

Regards alan