What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

thx very much

Two new arrivals both signed.

9 Likes

Finally! Ordered this Abbey Road Studios half-speed master almost five months ago and it just arrived today. I guess they had to make a new pressing, but it certainly was worth waiting for. Excellent sound, excellent pressing, excellent tip-on sleeve. Now I might have to order the half-speed Pendulum and Mardi Gras too…

7 Likes

Just arrived this week. looking forward to a spin this long weekend.

11 Likes

Is the Joan Armatrading the Intervention Records Pressing? If so I think you will be very happy.

This 1987 classic will be out in June as part of the first Record Store Day drop, but Elemental (record company) were kind enough to send me a completed box set today. I can’t wait to hear this later. There’s a great unboxing video here:

5 Likes

Hi Yes it is. I just put it on for the first track for a quick listen and thought I had not turned up the volume or had not switched to the phono as it was so quiet before it started playing. looking forward to this one on the weekend.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Nice little haul from Zavvi, 5 for £25 mystery selection promotion.

Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis
Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch

All are ©️2016 under license to De Agostini.

I know what I’m doing tonight.

17 Likes

Picked this up in town today, listening session tonight.

5 Likes

Had a look on Zavvi, couldnt see the 5 for 25 promotion. This made me laugh though

Nothing Like A Vinyl Record

Vinyls are a brilliant way to listen to your favourite classic albums, playable on the prestigious record player. Yes, you can listen to these albums on streaming services and CDs, but nothing comes close to the unique sound of vinyl. Filled with surface crackle, pops, and distortion, the format is hard to match.

Is MP3 better than vinyl? That is an argument of endless debate. However, we can all agree — better or not — there is nothing quite like hearing your favourite music on vinyl.
:joy:

I ordered mine 5 or 6 weeks ago. Looks like the promotion ended, but I believe it comes up now and then.

I never saw that praising of vinyl you quoted. It certainly made me laugh though.

1 Like

I was wondering if someone at Zavvi was having a laugh.
Some good titles there, the De Agostini pressings have been well recieved by others on the forum. Hope they dont sound like the above
:heart:

This week I will mostly be listening to… Toots & The Maytals!

Oh!.. and as recommended by @SteveC
Deep Purple Made In Japan Abbey Road remaster

Another reliable next day delivery from Juno records and Royal Mail

5 Likes

Oh!..
And erm…Thin Lizzy! :grin:

Against my better judgement ordered direct from UMG, poor packaging and the fact that the Yodel (crap company) driver threw the package down my front basement steps because I didnt reach my door at warp speed means 3 with seam splits and dinged corners. W#nker!

3 Likes

I can’t remember if I have Hybrid Theory and Felt Mountain in storage.

The Duran Duran is a 2 LP version - my original is pretty worn, never took to it originally but enjoyed a listen a few months ago.

The Offspring is a random purchase, like the cover art, but listened to it late last night on Qobuz and found it a bit of fun.

1 Like

For some reason I never had it on vinyl…

20 Likes

First, a mythic Jazz album

LouisArmstrongOscarPeterso55444_f

Followed by a Classical record, Hilary Hahn’s much acclaimed Paris album

HilaryHahnErnestChausson55298_f

And French Canadian folk / Pop music: Klô Pelgag, Notre-Dame-Des-Sept-Douleurs

Very different genres, a good representation of what I listen to

Claude

5 Likes

Amazing music quality. Original pressing.

images (1)

10 Likes