What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

14 Likes

Been meaning to buy this for awhile, very good pressing with little or no surface noise and very atmospheric record.

3 Likes

Another one from this great label and these two great artists.

7 Likes

Great album, on the site now as will add this one to my new Vinyl collection. Got a few from this label, any recommendations that I can add to the basket?

Hi AndyJ
I’m fairly new to this label myself having been put onto it by other forum members so I’m sure they will also add some other titles.

I have the first record by AF & TD called In The Heart of The Moon which also features Ry Cooder who also does the other record I own on this label again with Ali F Toure called Talking Timbuktu.

1 Like

7 Likes

Herbie Hancock with Donald Byrd, Hank Mobley, Gracham Moncur, Grant Green, Chuck Israels, and Anthony Williams; My Point of View. Another excellent Blue Note Tone Poet series release.

15 Likes

Ah yes Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, bought a copy the day it was released still have it and it still sounds awesome.

The musicians on these albums were some of the best! Ray Cooper, James Newton Howard …

A Tone Poet that will 100% be on my shopping list.

1 Like

Afternoon trip to Flashback to give them some records. Did not intend to get anything (honest, guv)…but I couldn’t resist this Japanese RCA Nancy Sinatra :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

John Coltrane - Giant Steps.

8 Likes

received today :slight_smile: copy number/021
parcel has reached the Lake of Geneva shores in a very good condition !!

2 Likes

I maintain its totally impossible to enter a record shop and emerge empty handed.
Just cant be done!
:heart:

5 Likes

Hey Bob, FYI, it was hard to decide but ended up buying these…

3 Likes

Now just need the warm weather…

Great choices please let me know how they sound ‘Savane’ is definitely next on my list.

We listened to Talking Timbuktu in the garden late yesterday afternoon after painting the fence whilst enjoying a couple of beers and the warm weather most definitely added to the enjoyment.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Anthony Moore - Out.

If you like 70’s art pop/rock it’s worth checking this one out.

Bit of a saga on this purchase as I unfortunately just missed out on the first pressing, and COVID-19 wreaked havoc for small companies on the re-press… but I really must give a shout out to Shane and all at Intervention Records for this glorious return to my teenage audiophile glory days … this was my introduction not only to Joan Armatrading but to Glynn Johns and the true joys of in-the room recording. I’ve had some great Blue Note arrivals recently, but finding this LP in my mailbox today (on the eve of my departure for reunion with my wife in Munich) is the sweetest. Sorry if this is too gushing… but I hope you can grab this, or any of your personal faves from IR, and have as much fun as I am.

To quote one of our faithful, it’s sounding mighty sweet! Thanks for reading this far…

Regards alan

9 Likes