What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Amy Winehouse - At The BBC.

New, out today. Triple LP in double gatefold sleeve. No time to listen now, so it will be tonight’s playlist. Fortunately Mrs. G. likes her too.

13 Likes

My understanding is that the manual vacuum machines all work on similar principles and another one worth considering is the Moth, which has served me well for a few years now. It does seem to have become more expensive now.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

My research and comparisons also lead me to the Pro-ject, moreover because of @Richard.Dane his suggestion concerning the small platter eliminating cross contamination.

Watson, Pro-ject and Okki Nokki are the usual suspects in this price range. Being in The Netherlands (ON is a Dutch brand), spare parts are easily available and Watson is also popular. My dealer stated after sending two clients’ Pro-jects back to the manufacturer he now prefers to sell Watson. It were the new aluminum Pro-jects with issues yes. I don’t know the exact details but IIRC it had to do with aluminum discs that rotated into each other and got stuck.

Anyway, if I ignore his warnings, I do prefer the Pro-ject specifications, but don’t believe anyone could go very wrong with either one of the three brands.

Might be best to continue this topic in the Record Cleaning Machines topics that already exist if so desired.

On topic: Awaiting four records for delivery next week :ok_hand:

Oooh

Oooohhh

Oooooohhhhh

14 Likes

Paul Weller - Live Wood… :notes: :grin:

6 Likes

It’s really good Graeme, lovely flat pressing and silent. Hope yours is too.

1 Like

Looking forward to mine arriving soon.

In my top 5 live LPs of all time. The DVD/VHS is an excellent watch.

Prompted by your post I have had a quick look and sampled a few tracks.

Silent - yes. Oh so quiet!

It does have a tiny warp on all three discs. Cartridge rises by no more than
1mm, and I can’t hear anything resulting from the warp. I’ll keep this one in case a replacement crackles all over the place.

Happy for you that you got a quiet AND flat copy.

It is sounding superb, as good as the Days Of Speed album of his that I also have on vinyl. :grin: :notes:

1 Like

Yes even my wife noted on one of them that the arm didn’t seem to be moving at all. A 1-2mm rise I certainly wouldn’t be bothered about at all (as long as pitch etc wasn’t effected which I very much doubt would be).
Great music by a great artist, such a loss.

Janoska Ensemble, Revolution - magnificent music

2 Likes

s-l400

1 Like

I bought the first album sometime in the last 70s on impulse, followed by the second one. But I have only got round to the 3rd now after all these years!

The trilogy is now complete. Just the new one left to get now.

Last purchase thanks to a nice 10% discount at Jpc…
A Classic Glasper album, nice pressing and great music indeed. Collins’ classic as well does not need presentation
Glasper playing right now, lovely :grinning:

Same here

7 Likes

Declan O’Rourke - Arrivals.

I’ve been meaning to buy this since it came out last month this was produced by Paul Weller and recorded at his Black Barn Studios and is the most beautiful record I’ve heard in a very, very long time.

This finally came in today, just in time for mother’s day. My wife will most likely get the pun tomorrow, most likely… :sunglasses:

Marvin Gaye - Here, My Dear
Pressing 1978 - Tamla

6 Likes

I’m not really into world music, but this album ma be a game changer

Claude

5 Likes

Declan O’Rourke - Chronicles of The Great Irish Famine