What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

John Mayer - Paradise Valley.

I saw this one for sale at a ridiculously cheap price (under £6) and so took a punt. Well, not only a really great album, but also, wow, what a well cut and pressed LP! And, well, well, I should have known - Chris Bellman’s initials in the dead wax and what looks to be an Optimal pressing. What’s more, you also get a CD copy of the album inside the sleeve.

8 Likes

Wanted this for ages

3 Likes

Good to know. I’ll look into ordering the set. Interesting in how a band that hasn’t recorded in nearly a half century still delights in new ways.

John Mayer - Paradise Valley.

Richard is spot on with this shout. All the John Mayer albums from Continuum onwards sound just amazing on Vinyl. Inexplicably, way superior to the digital versions. Odd, since they are all contemporary digital recordings…
Kevin

Kevin, which Continuum issue would you recommend? I’m also going to get The Search For Everything, which I realised I haven’t even got on CD yet.

Richard,
My ‘Continuum’ is the Music on Vinyl version: MOVLP095/88697686301. 2x 33 1/3rpm LP’s which adds the very lovely track ‘Say’ to the original album.

‘The Search for Everything’ is Columbia 8985422391. 2x 45rpm LP’s. This one sounds especially stunning.
Kevin

1 Like

Thanks Kevin, is the Search For Everything a UK or US issue?

Not sure Richard. I think U.K. I got it from What Records for £16.99

3 LP + 2 CD - Metal Blade Records 2016 : )

The Neal Morse Band (Morse, Portnoy, bassist Randy George, keyboardist Bill Hubauer and guitarist Eric Gillette) brings forth ‘The Similitude Of A Dream’, a concept album to be released November 11th on Radiant Records via Metal Blade Records/Sony. Clocking in at over 100 minutes, this amazing piece of prog storytelling will leave you breathless, exhilarated, amused and fulfilled in a way that only inspired music can. It will be available in various formats: a two CD package, a Special Edition with the two CDs and ‘The Making Of A Dream’ DVD, or as three vinyl records along with two CD’s. “I honestly think this is THE album of my career”, declares Portnoy.“Neal and I have now made 18 studio albums together, and I consider ‘The Similitude Of A Dream’ the absolute creative pinnacle of our collaborations together, after a career of almost 50 albums, I honestly consider this to be one of the defining works of my career”.

4 Likes

Thanks Kevin. Do you have the first two albums on vinyl?

Richard, I have ‘Heavier Things’, but not ‘Room for Squares’ . HT sound is OK but nothing like the later albums. I’m guessing RFS may be similar to HT, so haven’t yet gone for it. Do let me know how it sounds if you try it,or if you find a notably good issue of either. Musically, they are 2 brilliant albums.
Kevin

had this album for Christmas MoFI Breakfast - outsanding musical recording

12 Likes

BARGAIN ALERT

When I was doing my food shopping this morning I noticed that Sainsbury’s is offering vinyl albums at two for £25, which includes double albums. The choice is limited and excludes the Beatles remasters, but the new Kate Bush remasters are included.

2 Likes

Treated myself to a couple of Mofi titles this month…
“Breakfast in America” and
“Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2” (3 LP box set) Billy Joel.
as well as the Glastonbury 2000 3 LP Bowie album.

First UK release (1977)

2 Likes

You lucky chap!

1 Like

7 Likes

Great choice.

Just ordered this triple vinyl set from Amazon: £24 + free postage : )

7 Likes

1 Like