New “half speed master” classic album by Genesis. Copy signed by Steve Hackett

8 Likes

10 Likes

Lovely album IMHO

1 Like

Gamble at HMV as special price.
But superb…

2 Likes

On the way Hendrix Axis UHQR stereo, Bill Evans Mofi one step, Springsteen latest, Raconteurs latest.

Sometimes you just need patience to get that record you are looking for a long time.

Dead can dance live in concert.

Was last Tuesday at the concert and it was just crazy. Two hours DCD Live !! And now that album from 2013 …

Ah forget to mention, a second copy new and sealed is underway.

3 Likes

New Sting.
Unknown-1

Tracks seem to be a mixed bag of old & new part mixes. The music and mixes are good, but the overall sound quality is terrible. I got up twice, once to check I’ve not pushed the mono button and another to see any other problems. Otherwise, the vinyl is nicely pressed.

New Springsteen.
9c5bbf0960a79ad493eff77105b4e6fed8b6fa1a_2_500x500

Side D is completely pressed off-centre and affects the sound. Sounds great, but I just can’t get into this slow and a bit boring album. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Age has taught me to realise there’s no one like Kate Bush and she’s very special and different. When I was young, I took her for granted.

4 Likes

The Raconteurs: Help Us Stranger

2 Likes

At last, Le Noise on LP

4 Likes

What’s the other LP, Steve? :joy:

1 Like

@TheKevster

LOL…

To quote Mahavishnu…

“You Know You Know”

:smiley:

But…who is that in the photo portait?! :wink:

1 Like

My take on Kate is quite the opposite, back in the 70s & 80s she was indeed very special, held in very high esteem, very original and with pure natural ability, Her first 5 albums are all classic; The Kick Inside, Lionheart, Never For Ever, The Dreaming, Hounds Of Love, after which is all downhill, okay nice albums with some good listening but no way near the standard of those first BIG five :wink:

4 Likes

Pet Shop Boys - Please

£8 from the little 2nd hand record shop in Tenterden

4 Likes

Looks like Mr Rowland to me?

1 Like

@TheKevster

You win a whole pint - to be paid in full in the Dublin Castle on Thursday! :smiley:

Which, for any London Naimees in the vicinity:

Ese And The Vooduu People
Dublin Castle, Parkway, Camden
Thurs 27 June
8pm.
Tickets on Songkick.

It’ll be a great night!

Edit: When I bought the portrait from my photographer friend Sean (Pines, who does great work) who’d shot it, I didn’t know who it was. I just loved the photo!

1 Like

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would pop bit of news here, just in case one of our fellow members subscribe to Jack White’s Third Man Records.Would anybody be as brave as the guy in the video?

1 Like

A charity shop find in amazing condition!

2 Likes

intrigued by everyone’s post, I bought it … thanks to everyone … and especially thanks to TheKevster :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks Angelo - glad it arrived safely. Please do let me know what you think!