What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Gary Burton - Take Another Look

Where from and how much did you pay, Jimbo?

I’m not envious really. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Joy Division, Unknown Pleasures, red vinyl 40th anniversary edition.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Just received mine, too. One corner of the packaging and cover is dented and on closer inspection, the cardboard shipping sleeve is a bit flimsy.

First play of both sides was painful, despite careful use of a Super Exstatic brush. I don’t remember such a dirty record from new in the past.

Second play and I am transported back to my misspent youth. My battered first edition disappeared at a party many years ago.

This has always been one of my favourite records and it is still one that I listen to with rapture.

David

Nice job HMV :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve also been to HMV today :slight_smile:

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Hyaena on limited edition purple with black and white spatter vinyl.

I also picked up these two for £7.99 each

51GfXma0kyL

61EMs5wIsIL

7 Likes

Peder Af Ugglas: Autumn Shuffle

Opus 3

atumn

1 Like

Father’s Day gift from my son to add to collection Seconds out Abbey Road remastered

9 Likes

On the Way…

and

The New Gary Burton Quartet include:
Gary Burton (vibes), Scott Colley (bass), Julian Lage (guitar), Antonio Sanchez (drums)

8 Likes

SY355

SY355
Yuja finally on record!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Is it the Nick Davis 2008 remix? That might explain some of the differences you are hearing.

Not sure, I’ll try to check.

10 Likes

Wonderful album - great cover too! I can still recall my excitement and anticipation when I bought this one from the record shop on its release over 40 years ago.

1 Like

1997 Virgin 180gr. RE

9 Likes

Hoff Ensemble - Quiet Winter Night - An Acoustic Jazz

Very well recorded and good pressing quality. Not to mention the music itself!

Quiet

1 Like

The new LP version doesn’t seem to mention Nick Davis anywhere, perhaps you’re suggesting my older remaster is the Nick Davis one? I think the older one might have had a gatefold sleeve but until I find it I can’t be certain.

I am probably more familiar with the album from even older/worn/possibly 2nd hand vinyl or CD .

Most recent purchase on river has: * ASIN: B07DXQHPMX

Another fab HMV Vinyl week album :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

SS500

First foray into The Pineapple Thief…dont think it will be the last!!:+1::grin:

3 Likes