What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I’ve actually been reading about a couple of pressing defects where AP have replaced the copy but asked the recipient to destroy the defective one.

Mine is perfectly flat and nothing to complain about. It’s after all a manual process so there will always be defects. Paying premium also make people extremely picky.

Yes I agree and AP are replacing without quibbling and of course I’d destroy that non perfect copy.

There’s the 2X lp Analogue Production from 2013. Should be very good.

I would assume they require a photo of that destroyed record. System would get used immediately otherwise.

1 Like

I have always found Speakers Corner pressings excellent and I think I did look on Discogs but didn’t find a suitable one (often most of the second hand Speakers Corner copies seem to be in Germany). In fact it was more of an impulse buy when I saw it in the shop and I think having these mono and stereo versions will do me.

2 Likes

Mixning it up a bit. Three quite different records for the collection.

Earth - Pentastar: In The Style Of Demons
Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief
Fuzz - Fuzz

1 Like

I got a replacement today, another bronze. It has the same clicks and ticks, audible during normal volume recording. I’ll take it back tomorrow and get a black one this time and hopefully that will be better.

To compensate for my returning two copies, I bought a few others :slight_smile:

Two of these I’ve not heard of before:
The Replacements - All Shook Down
Grouplove - Healer

The Grouplove album has the coolest cover I have bought yet. It has five transparencies to lay over photos, very cool:

And to cap it off the record is red:

(It is actually a good album, too. It’s not totally about the packaging!)

2 Likes

Hi @Blackbird,
So much for the individually inspected by hand quality control then? :roll_eyes:
Perhaps bears out my scepticism expressed previously
:heart:

Blimey that’s what I call service. Thank you Juno and Posties. Back in stock email 1500 ordered 1710 on my doorstep 0930 next morning.

3 Likes

Juno & Royal Mail, always excellent as you’ve found :+1:

3 Likes

Inspecting a transparent record with your eyes detecting a pop here and there is like :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, so it looks like the bronze vinyl copies could be the issue - frustrating. Likewise, I’ll plunge for the black vinyl as well.

Love those transparent inserts on the Grouplove record.

Clarity Vinyl allows for the purest possible pressing and the most visually stunning presentation. Every UHQR will be hand inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless will be allowed to go to market
Acoustic Sounds

Perhaps they should drop the truly flawless line

Received today, my very first Gary Numan LP. Listening to it now on this bright sunny day, with a bottle of Brew Dog, IPA. Great.

5 Likes

Pentastar :+1:

1 Like

Great album!

With thanks to @CliveB for posting this on the Jazz thread
Decca British Jazz Explosion series
Presenting some of the most distinctive British jazz albums ever made. Vinyl audio remastered & cut from the original master tapes by Gearbox Records. 180grm Optimal Pressing. Flip-back LP sleeves on 380g heavy card, front laminated sleeves with 12 x12 insert with new liner note insert + audio download voucher

https://shop.decca.com/British-Jazz-Explosion/

1 Like

Looking forward to this…
The moment you have all been waiting for has finally arrived. Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings on LP has arrived and is shipping from tomorrow. Unfortunately, if you didn’t pre-order a copy you’ve missed out, but we have the CD to come next week and and there are still some copies available, don’t delay!

jazzinbritain.co.uk/album/blue-beginnings

5 Likes

This one took a little while to track down. Ready for the weekend.

11 Likes