What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Dread, you really should!

One of the few GREAT bands. Every album different but all beautiful.

My fave: White Light/White Heat, but the acoustic-y third is a doozy. Hell - as are Nico and Loaded - you can’t go wrong. They’re all perfect - from noise to nirvana…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Katanga has gone on my list of must haves for a jazz collection. The Tone Poet reissue is amazing. Now I’m looking forward to Joe Pass Django as a Tone Poet reissue this fall. Along with Katanga these will be the gems of the 2021-22 Tone Poet schedule.

2 Likes

What is it?

1 Like

It’s new Crowded House album,Dreamers Are Waiting.

1 Like

I dont know what it is, but I want it.

Just for the appearance.

1 Like

I had two new records arrive yesterday: Dry Cleaning’s New Long Leg on yellow vinyl, and the 40th anniversary master of the Specials Ghost Town. One very modern, and the other a blast from the past. A good mix.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Oooh that’s a good reminder, I’ll be wanting me a copy of that!

1 Like

What’s the sound like on Ghost Town?
Cheers
:heart:

It’s quite bright but not overly so. Maybe the original was the same, I don’t really recall.

A best of ?

I just ordered it. Thanks for the comments

1 Like

Are you in Paris FR? If so, can you recommend some record shops there, mostly for jazz/blues - apart from FNAC that is?

(apologies for writing this on the forum, but I couldn’t figure out how to send a private message to FR)

Indeed it is.

Of course I can. You have Paris jazz corner, Place Monge, Paris. Superfly , rue Notre Dame de Nazareth, and Crocodisc, rue des Écoles. All in Paris.
Enjoy

1 Like

Thanks H, I was listening to a sample of it and that’s what I thought
Cheers

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Duly noted Stevie
Cheers

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols

Just bear in mind Dread, the Velvets’ first two albums (Nico and WLWH) are recorded in the spirit of the music - in the main rough, raw and ready. But the spirit and originality is just …breathtaking.

Sunday Morning is a delicate beauty!
And wait till you hear Murder Mystery from their third (self titled).

3 Likes