What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

9 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever, posting this after popping in to my local HMV and snagging this for only £12.99 today.Don’t know if it’s a local deal or a nationwide offer ,but a great price for this double album.HMV seem to have some genuine clearance offers at present and worth a look.

5 Likes

Nationwide offer as I’ve seen it for that price in both Tunbridge Wells and Bluewater.

1 Like

Not now but the CD is £5 on Prime.

Phil

3 Likes

Original pressing. Sounds great.

6 Likes

And this as well. Never heard it sound so good.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Didn’t actually buy it… was a birthday present

5 Likes

A bit of an Elton thing going this week, a nice find at £14 in the 2nd hand record shop in Tenterden. I’d rate the condition as at least VG+

11 Likes

We had a few Traffic LP’s but bought this 6 LP set after a strong July 4 recommendation. There is a lot to like here. We have not gotten all the way through the box, but what I have heard sounds great. Some of the late 60’s stuff sounds like the late 60’s but for the most part, it has been great to listen to. Just like you remember but with higher resolution for the parts you love. I don’t think a CD would sound as good. These are said to be the original analog masters. I think I hear it all. Steve Winwood sounds better than ever, strong voice and sharp keyboards. Mason, Capaldi and Wood sound great, too. If you are a fan, go for it. We caught them on sale at Music Direct with free shipping. You may not be so lucky.

4 Likes

Arrived now from Amazon. This the recently reprinted vinyl box. The price is unchanged

2 Likes

41dLtKbum0L

Pressed on white vinyl and cheaper instore at HMV than on the river. Recently released on vinyl for the first time. Contains one bonus track (Too Much Television) compared to the original CD release but two bonus tracks fewer than the re-issue CD.

2 Likes

Just arrived in the post today. What a stunning EP :notes::grin:

3 Likes

An “unofficial” live LP consisting of “outtakes” (no idea if they’re genuine) from Ummagumma’s live album.

Double LP of 1970s “black power soul” - Phil Ranelin, Gil Scott Heron, Oneness of JuJu, Roy Ayres Ubiquity, Philip Cohran and the Artistic Heritage Ensemble, etc.

I bought these in Brussels, at an excellent shop called Caroline (pictured). There are about six or seven excellent record shops in the centre of Brussels - if only I had more money… :thinking:

3 Likes

5 Likes

£400 ? Gulp!

No. It was 370€ from Amazon Italy. Consider that it’s an 18 lp box.In Italy a normal retail price for lp is around 20€. This winter I searched this box on eBay but prices were too high. Only used copies priced around 800€. A guy in the USA asked 1.250$!!
Glad they decided to reprint this box.

1 Like

Just arrived from the Super Deluxe Shop. ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So It Goes…, the new live 3-LP box recorded at Manchester International Festival in 2017. Lovely looking package and a stunning tracklist for buffs like me.

Times Change (Live at MIF)
Who's Joe (Live at MIF)
Dream Attack (Live at MIF)
Disorder (Live at MIF)
Ultraviolence (Live at MIF)
In A Lonely Place (Live at MIF)
All Day Long (Live at MIF)
Shellshock (Live at MIF)
Guilt Is A Useless Emotion (Live at MIF)
Subculture (Live at MIF)
Bizarre Love Triangle (Live at MIF)
Vanishing Point (Live at MIF)
Plastic (Live at MIF)
Your Silent Face (Live at MIF)
Decades (Live at MIF)
Elegia (Live at MIF)
Heart & Soul (Live at MIF)
Behind Closed Doors (Live at MIF)
5 Likes

Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer. Unbelievable that I found it as vinyl and for a very reasonable price at the big river …

3 Likes

The Look at Yourself Session 1971, Japan Edition

4 Likes