What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Malia & Boris Blank - Convergence, and also Julia Jacklin - Crushing (green vinyl). Looking forward to giving these a blast. I’ve been meaning to buy the Malia / Boris collaboration for a while, but hearing it sound so good in the Avid room at Cranage gave me the push I needed.

3 Likes

Birthday gift …yes…!

9 Likes

This has just been delivered. Won’t be able to listen to any of the albums until after the weekend…

7 Likes

9 Likes

I bought my own original copy of this the day it was released in October of 1977. When I started re-acquiring vinyl a few months ago, it was one I thought about. I found a really clean copy at a very reasonable price from a big online seller, and it was short money so I bought it.

Part of the fun I’m having, now owning a tt for the first time in 30 years, is reliving some of my youth this way.

3 Likes

Bought in Leicester HMV yesterday. Sadly this store is closing down and no plans to re-locate.

2 Likes

Just had a listen last night to Gorilla; a nice heavyweight pressing, perfectly flat and centered with very quiet surfaces. “BG” in the dead wax to signify a Bernie Grundman cut. Sound is excellent, a clear step ahead of my old CD and leaves my old UK vinyl for dead. So far so very good. Only shame is that the outer sleeves are of the usual fairly thin card stock, so no HQ tip-ons here. However, at £70 for 6 LPs, this Rhino set is comparatively good value too. Very pleased with this purchase.

5 Likes

What’s the SQ on that like Jim?

1 Like

Jeroen Van Veen plays Arvo Pärt - Für Anna Maria-Piano Music

Very good piano and even the press quality is excelent.

1 Like

As with all her records this a fantastic recording.

1 Like

This arrived today only played side one but the musical recording is of the scale, some albums just get it right and this is one to be sure

1 Like

Haven’t bought an LP in long time because funds are being diverted elsewhere but I’m listening to this record so much via Tidal I decided I would treat myself.

3 Likes

2nd new album of the weekend The Cure Disintegration, great album and musical guitars, love the bass line in this album

3 Likes

Disintegration is a wonderful album. Unfortunately I was less enamoured of the most recent vinyl reissue - I just felt it could have been so much better, especially in light of how great the vinyl reissues were of Seventeen Seconds and Faith.

1 Like

3rd album of the weekend, always had this on CD, which I then ripped into FLAC for NDX, on vinyl someone’s just lifted the cloth from the music, just more music, love it

2 Likes

Two classic albums by ABB.Very well printed and the sound quality is very good.

9 Likes

Just received the lost Tubby Hayes recording on LP. A good if not exceptional recording, but full of life and very nicely cut and pressed. Nice sleeve replicating the BASF reel tape boxes of the day.

7 Likes

£12 from HMV, not bad at all

6 Likes

This album shows that Nad is much more than the “Peter Gabriel like “ vocalist heard in Steve Hackett’s Genesis revised lineup. IMHO he’s a remarkable artist. A talented composer and a very good keyboard and guitar player.Very well recorded with artists such as Tony Levin. If you love prog have a listen to this album.

2 Likes

Beside-Bowie-The-Mick-Ronson-Story-Exclusivite-Fnac-Vinyle-jaune
After buying ‘Heaven and Hull’, I thought I would give this one a try.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes