What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hope everyone’s copies (or replacements) are good as these are superb albums. I was fortunate to get them a few years ago (as well as a few others) on the Music Matters releases. All are pressed perfectly and sound every bit as good as their reputations.

1 Like

Dont recall ever having an issue with RTI, likewise a while back I paid more to get the US import RTI pressing if Vanished Gardens rather than the EU Optimal.
:heart:

I was thinking more of emailing the pressing plants and bending their ears, if more people did maybe…

Agreed. I have almost all bar 2 titles of the MM 33 series they’ve proven already to be a good investment

1 Like

I think they would just refer us to the vendor, in this case Blue Note. They in turn just replace the record without question.

Hers a thing; I buy a used record from my local used record shop, get it home and play it. It’s awful! I take it back and the shop owner plays it on his shop record player, and it’s almost perfect. The difference? Mine is mid range LP12 while his is a mid range DJ type portable Pioneer turntable. Are our turntables too sensitive? Too revealing?

That’s very unusual for Tone Poet RTI ime, their usually pretty clean straight out the sleeve although I habitually put all new records through the RCM.
Joe Harley who oversees the TP’s and was formerly the same at MM really does care and was/is contactable on the Hoffman forum

It is unusual for RTI, I have a few of their pressings and they are close to perfect. I have every confidence in them.

1 Like

No I would say it’s the other way around, and listening in a shop surrounded by the ambient noise etc

My point about emailing pressing plants is to highlight their QC issues and hopefully get them to rectify it not as a means to exchange/refund a faulty record. As you say that’s down to the retailer but do quality issues at the point of sale get fed back to the source ie the pressing plant, I doubt it, but if sufficient numbers of concerned punters started expressing their ire directly, maybe…

Persistence does pay off - well, on this occasion at least. Third copy of the John Martyn and second of the Kenny Burrell.

The groove noise on the JM is still a little obtrusive on the 1st track on side 1 and the KB does have a couple of ‘unusual’ (but brief) noises - I can live with both as the musical content is excellent and sounds fabulous too.

Good luck to those of you awaiting KB replacements; there are decent ones with fully filled grooves out there it would seem.

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

I’ve just purchased Church with One Bell so fingers crossed that there are no nasty noises :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

Big Nightwish fan here - but not a fan of any other supposed similar bands, such as the others on these compilations.

Nightwish = Keyboards heavy, with just 1 guitar, plus other instruments, with female lead vocals

Most Others = Guitar heavy, with up to 3 guitars, plus some keyboards, with male and/or female, and#or both lead vocals.

I tried to like both Epica and Within Temptation, as these seemed closest to Nightwish. Failed…

YMMV, as always…

PS. Don’t be fooled by the covers… Both depictions are way beyond any actual female leads…

2 Likes

Awaiting Lucinda today, seems to be some good reviews of the Vinyl pressing, also like to buy “World Without Tears” as it’s one of my fav’s but seen some negative reviews on Discoqs, of the pressing quality.

Jazz Rock sounds like it was recorded today it sounds great and should get a lot of play.

1 Like

2nd copy of Kenny Burrell arrived from Amazon and still has a fair amount of non fill on the early tracks on each side.

Played it a few times to see if I could live with but no it will go back.

Might try Juno as maybe it’s a bad batch at Amazon?

Just arrived yesterday from the UK. After 40 years from the original release the classic UB40 album Signing Off 180gm. The groups greatist album.

6 Likes

Likely most/all copies affected, sadly it’s the plague of Optimal currently (as discussed variously throughout this thread recently)

I’ve just been told that a replacement copy of the Kenny Burrell is not available so I have been refunded. Disappointing, but maybe for best. I’ll await a repress and hope that Optimal sort out the pressing issues in the meantime.

Loverly double vinyl…

Try Juno. I was looking at something else and spotted it as “in stock”.

1 Like

Bundle pre-ordered.

1 Like