What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks Blackstar, I have a good mixture on digital and up to now everything he releases on Vinyl is such good quality. Just playing Young Shakesphere and really enjoying it, such a good mellow vibe.

So more Neil won’t hurt.

1 Like

I like this Carnegie Hall better than Massey Hall. The recording is more vibrant (must be where the mikes were placed) and his performance is more raw. It makes Massey’s performance sound too smooth and refined. Carnegie is like he’s practising in his barn, Massey is the polished theatre production.

All of my recent purchases are pre orders.
Ryan Adams Big Colours which I should have had by now but is now November due 5th.
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Primal Scream and Cat Stevens are also due November. The first 4 Echo & The Bunnymen in a bundle are due late October while Siberia is due Tuesday. There’s a ½ speed of Sticky Fingers on its way and Billy Squier’s Don’t Say No is an Autumn release on Intervention Records.
Finally, the new Eels, Extreme Witchcraft is ordered for a late January 2022 release.

No hurt at all, apart from your wallet!

Really enjoying that new Killers album.

Love the 80s haul too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I was delighted with that used 80s vinyl haul - very opportune being there as they’d just restocked the crates the night before.

Not got around to listening to the latest Killers album as yet, but I’m hopeful as the reviews have been enthusiastic.

2 Likes

Atlantic US first press. Looking forward to hearing this - it’s not an Aretha album I know much of.

3 Likes

Just arrived, never owned the vinyl so hopefully this Speaker’s Corner pressing should be good.

11 Likes

Black vinyl version…

4 Likes

Hi apye, can I ask where you got it? Seems hard to find with vinyl pressings out of stock on her own Bandcamp site
Cheers
:heart:

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols no problem at all, yes it took me a while to find as well but eventually got it from Rough Trade… :+1:t3: :grin:

1 Like

Cheers, yes had another search after seeing your post and likewise Rough Trade, not used for mail order before.
Hows the pressing? :+1:

Likewise, first time using them as well, all good with them and also the pressing… :+1:t3:

1 Like

That’s re assuring, I thought it a bit pricey for a single LP.
Been enjoying it immensely on stream so
Looking forward to the posties knock!
:+1:

Thanks @apye just ordered the black vinyl copy I love the nod to on Bill Evans on Fix It not quite
Bill Evans but very, very good playing. She has managed to take some traditional elements and make something very contemporary.

Dexter Gordon - Doin’ Alright.

7 Likes

Neil Young - Carnegie Hall 1970.

Bought the CD as well. It’s such a delicate, quiet and intimate recording I just know the record is going to have clicks and whatnot all over it. Sometimes I will be happy with that, and enjoy the vinyl version. Other times I will want a very quiet playback and will use the CD. Both bases covered.

3 Likes

No clicks on mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good to know. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

Mine arrived today, yet to be played. The last few weeks I’ve bought, Harvest, Young Shakespeare, Way Down In the Rust Bucket and After the Gold Rush and all are perfectly flat with really no audible noise.

In fact the UHQR Miles Davis “Kind of Blue” has more surface noise than any one of Neil’s records. How does he do it?

1 Like