What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Had a quick look on Discogs theres a 2011 first pressing Kevin Gray cut RTI press and a 2019 QRP 200g re pressing. Which one is yours? Both quite pricey now.
I wonder if the forthcoming AS might be sourced from the same mastering

I have the QRP re-press.

Not sure of the AS source, but would assume that Ryan Smith will cut it. It will be 33 1/3rpm though.

1 Like

Hi, I would avoid the standard tapestry. It isn’t good. The „standard“ mofi is excellent, but at the moment more expensive than a one step. But mofi announced a repress.

2 Likes

@TheKevster tried a second copy from Diverse instead of Juno. Still a very little bit of non fill, less than the other copy which wasnt that bad.
Funny though, I’m noticing a difference in SQ between the two copies, but as much as I A/B I cant decide which I prefer! :rofl:
Dont we just love this vinyl malarkey!
:heart:

2 Likes

Just bought this, on Discogs -

Probably for completeness, more than anything… :thinking:

4 Likes

By the way, I have 5 or 6 one steps which are all excellent with no quality issues, especially the Dylan, blood, sweat and tears and the „couldn’t stand the weather“.

Cant even play them as im on the move

3 Likes

Snap! My set Arrived today, just as the system is due to be dismantled for a minimum of 8 weeks as the builders move in to start work on Monday :confused:
Looking forward to listening to these albums inmy new Music Room some time around Xmas🎄

1 Like

Matthew Halsall - Sending My Love, Gondwana Records (2019)

Originally released in 2008 this 2019 reissue has been remastered and has new cover art and an extra track.

3 Likes

Sceptical on buying this (due to the many early NY releases of late) but so glad I did. Pressing is absolutely perfect and the sound is first class. It’s like a greatest hits all in one!

5 Likes

Chet Baker - Plays the Best of Lerner & Loewe, Craft (2021)

I hope this is as good as the other two CB Craft/Prestige titles I have and if anyone is looking for a copy there are some on eBay with 15% off and free postage so £22.

s-l500

3 Likes

Beautifully done. Complexity of the genius craftsman even better in the early days. Love this album.

4 Likes

2 new, forum inspired arrivals this morning. Sadly, they’ll join yesterday’s Knopfler set in going straight into storage until December after building work in the house :confused:

4 Likes

Just been told mine’s on the way…

1 Like

3 Likes

Just arrived from Diverse…

6 Likes

Oh dear, not another release! Only just ordered Young Shakesphere and have Cellar Door but missed out on Massey Hall.

How does this compare to the others?

Not had a chance to spin it yet @AndyJ

Just arrived after placing order 5 months ago. Will have a listen tonight after college football(American version of football, sorry) is over. Pretty stoked as I have heard good reviews. Great packaging.

Scott

10 Likes

That’s what I initially thought but bought it anyway. So glad I did. To me it’s at least equal to Massey Hall and for me better than cellar door. To be honest they’re all good but this one is reportedly a full concert (I’m not an aficionado on all things NY).

1 Like