What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

If only I’d looked after it better :woozy_face::roll_eyes::cry::money_mouth_face:

Just received today :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ok. I will let you know. I’m not home at the moment.

The 2012 45th anniversary pressing from verve is very good and gets lots of praise. It is cut from digital (I think) but they did a good job & seemingly from the original tapes.
The main problem is that sonically it just wasn’t recorded well. I suppose that harsh/edgy sound was typical of the VU in the day!

1 Like

Michael Ludwigs at 45rpm Audiophile thinks it sounds crap, so tread carefully. I’ve heard VERY mixed reports about the Abbey Road version of the album.

1 Like

Thanks @TheKevster
One for @Peppo62
Cheers

****** PRE ORDER ****** PRE ORDER ****** PRE ORDER ****** PRE ORDER ******* PRE ORDER ******

Horace Silver Quintet - 6 Pieces of Silver, Blue Note Classics (2021) PRE ORDER

5 Likes

Another excellent Tone Poet has arrived and is currently playing. I should say here that quite apart from the great music beautifully mastered, cut and pressed, and the lovely thick, glossy, tip-on gatefold sleeves, one of the other delights of this series are the session photos inside the gatefold. Wonderful stuff!

12 Likes

Managed to grab this first time round…brilliant lp.

1 Like

Where did you order this Richard?

I think it was Amazon as I had a credit I wanted to use.

1 Like

Widely available Neil, Diverse Vinyl, Juno, many independents :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Dread, will order from one of these rather than the river.

1 Like

PURCHASED BUT NOT DELIVERED *********** PURCHASED BUT NOT DELIVERED *************

Lee Morgan - The Cooker, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2021)

UNLESS LOST IN POST OR ABDUCTED BY ALIENS THIS SHOULD BE ACTUALLY IN MY HANDS MONDAY 24th…

5 Likes

I have just received my new Mark knopfler box set yesterday and sent it straight back the same day as every record is warped like a waltzer. My supplier says they will try to flatten them as the importer often do not have the stock to supply a replacement but we will certainly
go down this path if necessary. What a load of rubbish. I will be getting a full refund if they try to fob me off with re flattened discs. It appears that quite a few people are having similar problems with the MK box sets. What a mess and a waste of time.

2 Likes

Snap!

2 Likes

WA-30996786

4 Likes

PURCHASED BUT NOT DELIVERED******* PURCHASED BUT NOT DELIVERED*****

Alfa Mist - On My Ones. Reissue

Missed this first time round so very happy even on opaque green vinyl

1 Like

If you havent recieved it yet, how can you be happy with it?
Someone has obviously pressed your buttons, but perhaps it might be more interesting to see an actual image of the record when you do have the physical item and your thoughts on the music, pressing quality etc especially as it’s on coloured vinyl which are often more problematic.
No?
:heart:

1 Like

I don’t think you should be so critical. I think Bob’s saying that he’s pleased that he’s been able to find a copy (even on coloured vinyl) because he missed it before.

And FWIW it seems that very few people describe the music on this thread.

5 Likes

I wasnt intending to be critical Clive, just a constructive suggestion as another member had taken issue to which @Bobthebuilder was reacting with his last few posts.
In my view it is helpful and more interesting if members post some information about the actual physical record, pressing quality, SQ, presentation etc which of course many do.

On the other hand, In my view just posting a marketing image for a pre order just seems a bit bland and pointless. But as I say that’s just my view
:heart:

2 Likes