What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

3 Likes

I pre-ordered this but just been told that most of the LPs the seller received were damaged in transit, so they have had to order in more…

Oh dear perhaps buy another copy somewhere else and get a refund.

Archie Shepp & Mal Waldron - Left Alone Revisited, Enja/Pure Pleasure (2021) Arriving next week.

These two old Jazz masters came together in 2002 to record this rework of the Billie Holiday recordings that Mal originally played on and the result is top drawer and apparently Pure Pleasure have done an excellent job remastering it’s also pressed at Pallas, Germany.

1 Like

Jelly Cleaver and the Forever Presence.
New to me, pretty nice.
Taken by the double bass on this.

Now that kin Abba Adele & Elton have left vinyl production capacity for the rest a splendid threesome arrived from Juno and postie today.

1 Like

Love this album but sq on my cd not good. Do you recommend the latest vinyl reissue? Seaview label
Thanks

Sounds stunning. Vinyl has a few flaws though.

7 Likes

White vinyl. After pre-ordering this and hearing tracks on the net, I wondered why I bothered, as her voice grated on me. However, playing it on my system she’s very smooth and actually it sounds very good. As popular as she is, I don’t think the radio or the usual digital playbacks do her any justice. Very surprised by this vinyl, but there again she did sound good live when I saw her.

1 Like

Jaimie Branch, Fly Or Die Live on double LP.

Bought at her gig at the Jazz Cafe on Friday. It’s probably not visible, but it has been autographed “Yo Kevin, love Jaimie” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Donald Byrd & Pepper Adams - Motor City Scene, Bethlehem (2022) Pre Order

Another Bethlehem reissue the again I’m not able to find out anything regarding remastering and pressing but as it’s from Amazon it’s easy enough to cancel/return. I was toying with buying the Vinyl Me Please reissue earlier this year but it was a bit pricey.

2 Likes

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue 50th anniversary Box Set, Columbia (2008)

For £25 this has to be one of my best value purchases I’ve not listened to either CD or watched the DVD yet but the vinyl remastered at Sterling Sound and pressed at Optimal is as very good and an enjoyable listen.

The Box Set is lovely quality and was produced by Michael Cuscuna who co founded Mosaic Records The hard back book is beautiful quality full of excellently reproduced photographs and I really look forward to reading it. Also included are six 8x10 excellent quality prints of the band and a couple of pages of hand written notes by Bill Evans and a large glossy poster.

10 Likes

Here are some pictures of the actual Blue Note Classic Series release of Donald Byrds Places and Spaces for anyone interested.

8 Likes

A bargain at £25 - where did you find that?

On Discogs by accident I ended up spending quite a bit with this one seller that turned out to be an excellent haul details of which are up thread. I spend hours looking for records Clive and every now and then you hit a bit of a jackpot.

1 Like

Oh yes, I remember your earlier post now - that was an LP treasure trove!

1 Like

I’m enjoying that too Stevie, posted it a few days back as a Qobuz stream on WYLT but it didnt get any love. Vinyl is from Gearbox so should be good
:+1:

1 Like

Including Clapton playing on it!

(Sorry couldnt resist :wink:)

:heart:

3 Likes

Paul Weller - Illumination, Craft (2021)

Arrived but not played yet. Cover and packaging excellent though.

Arrived on day of release but only just got round to posting and running it through the Audio Desk Systeme RCM after a busy weekend!

5 Likes