What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Succumbed!
Cleaning & listening commences tomorrow.
Came from the river with manufacturers plastic foam corner protectors on so box is perfect, hopefully vinyls are too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Another excellent Gerry Mulligan record released next week is Night Lights remastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at Pallas so has an excellent pedigree if you don’t mind ordering from Amazon this double LP is available for £22.94 with free post which is great value.

8 Likes

That looks good, I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the tip. Now, no more records this year.

Best of luck with that one Nigel!

Fantastic sound and pressing on that Mulligan Nigel…

1 Like

Now you have your P10 and Apheta 3, best of luck with that…

You lot are so supportive of my mission. Not!!

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you :+1:
:heart:

1 Like

Charles Mingus - Ah Um, CBS Mono (1969)

From the CBS Jazz Realm Series which I’ve read good things about but I’ll let you know as soon as it’s here.

2 Likes

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane. An early Canadian Dynaflex pressing and a 1980s UK RCA International green label. Just to add to my two UK originals which are not in the best of shape. Little in it in terms of SQ, although I’d say the green label is more dynamic and the Dynaflex sounds a touch fuller / warmer perhaps. Both excellent though.

11 Likes

Great album- just put mine on my LP12 following your post

5 Likes

I’ve got exactly the same (only one UK original though) Yeti.
My preference is:

RCA International
Candian
UK original

All brilliant as expected though!

1 Like

Gad to hear it I look forward to getting mine.

How do these compare to the recent remasters?

I only have the recent remasters, they tend to sound a bit flat so prefer to play the ripped versions.

The recent box set however sounds great!

1 Like

They’re better than any pressings after 1981 to these ears :joy:

1 Like

@Blackstar Yes, I’m inclined to agree with that order, although the Dynaflex is very close, and also, I’d say is the better package overall, esp with the full gatefold and card inner :slight_smile:

@AndyJ The only 2015 remasters I have are Ziggy, Hunky and Lodger. In all cases the earlier pressings are better, but not by that much, but that’s playing on an RP6, so may well not be revealing enough to show up glaring differences. If you haven’t got the early orange or green labels, then I’d just buy the 2015 represses, as trying to find minty copies of the older albums can be a bit of as lottery… For example, last week I had a hat trick of three albums which were described as Nr Mint and were all barely G+ (if that), and were returned to each vendor. Buying used vinyl unseen can be a frustrating experience!

2 Likes

As can buying new vinyl.

5 Likes

True :joy:

I’m not a big Bowie fan but do like the earlier stuff like Alladin Sane, Diamond Dogs etc
A few years back, possibly 2015, I bought a copy of Alladin Sane from HMV, absolutely awful compressed and brickwalled sound, took it back.
:heart:

Our local market town (Settle) is not the most exciting place on God’s earth, but had to go there this morning for a dental appointment. Whoo Hoo, new used vinyl shop just opened with boxes of stuff.

Resisted temptation and came away with just Chicken Shack - Blues Fingers and Mike Bloomfield / Al Kooper - Live Adventures. :grinning:

5 Likes