What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Agreed.
You wont be wanting anymore Mofi One Steps or UHQR’s then, the content of which can be found on inexpensive pressings :wink:

Ordered a couple of litres of distilled water for my RCM and this lot just turned up! :joy:

4 × 5ltr Probably a lifetime supply, result! :+1:

5 Likes

Sonny Rollins on Impulse! Acoustic Sounds reissue.

I’m loving these Acoustic Sounds reissues and this one maintains the high standard so far. Excellent!

10 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, The Big Beat on Blue Note.

And another excellent Blue Note Classic Vinyl reissue, with a nice clean Optimal pressing (phew!). Hopefully Optimal have now fixed their non-fill issues…

13 Likes

I’ve just ordered this on vinyl from the French River, where it’s “only” £285 – for 18 LPs and a book, that’s almost reasonable. Thought others on here might be interested, eg @Blackstar

1 Like

That’s an excellent price Kev.
I couldn’t resist ordering the vinyl version despite my earlier complaints (who was I trying to kid!).
I’ve ordered from the river for £332 a little saving from the initial £365.
Arrives tomorrow.

1 Like

Do you not have to pay taxes on arrival from France?

No Jamie, it is included in the price. :+1:

Ah

1 Like

The price is getting better. I already have all the albums on vinyl apart from Toy & Buddha so I’m waiting until it drops nearer £225 ish or I will just pass and hope they issue them individually.

New arrivals of some older works.

4 Likes

What a wonderful record. Wonderful music, wonderful sound, and wonderful packaging. Not cheap, but worth it for its all round wonderfulness.

7 Likes

“Strobophonic” too…

Heaven knows what it means! Maybe it was all the range in 1953.

Another new arrival. Wonderful.

10 Likes

Slight dissapointment is the best piece from the session Kong Neptune for some reason wasnt put on the vinyl but was added to later beer mats and streams
Still a good album nonetheless :+1:

Couple of Portico Quartet LPs, Sault’s Nine, and a bit of Durutti Column!

@Dreadatthecontrols - all’s well that ends well, the vendor who miss graded that ACR album sent Durutti Column (genuinely mint) and waived the extra, very happy customer.

2 Likes

Just one look at that cover and this album made my wishlist. A very nice effort by Byrd to capture some of the 5/4 Brazilian classics and for me a lovely version of Insensataez. A flat, clean and well sounding pressing by our friends at Speakers Corner.

Rex’ vinyl #57

Charlie Byrd with Orchestra - More Brazilian Byrd
Pressing 2018 / Speakers Corner, Columbia CS 9492

7 Likes

Two excellent records HH I’m a big fan of Dexter Gordon and when I look at that photo of him I can see the inspiration behind The Style Council’s Cafe Blue cover.

I’m a bit jealous of the Lee Konitz/Gerry Mulligan record it’s on my list! hopefully in a week or two. I bet the P10 is doing those beautifully pressed records justice.

They are both lovely records and sound absolutely fantastic. The Konitz and Mulligan album is really interesting and has some good sleeve notes too.

1 Like