What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Good friends and i believe first pressings

1 Like

Got this today, Overflow by Rival Consoles, first listened to this on Qobuz , I liked it so much I had to have it on vinyl.
If you’re into electronic, ambient and experimental give this a spin. It’s giving my stereo system a very muscular workout. Marvellous stuff.

1 Like

Pre-owned vinyl, from 1986.
Looked a bit grubby, but cleaned up as good as new.
Plays really well, excellent pressing, bargain for £5.24 delivered :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Lael Neale - Acquainted with the Night

Fiver with The Atlantic School of Spontaneous Composition.

Its @AndyP fault!!

1 Like

Joe Henderson - State of Tenor, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2020)

Bit of a rarity a Tone Poet that isn’t a gatefold but the quality is the same and the pressing SQ is A1.

5 Likes

Chet Baker & The Lighthouse All Stars - Witchdoctor, Contemporary/Boblicity (1985).

3 Likes

Sonny Rollins - Sonny on Impulse, Impulse/Acoustic Sounds (2021)

7 Likes

John Coltrane - Coltrane, Prestige/OJC (2011)

Early Coltrane as a band leader and just perfect

6 Likes

This album has quite rightly become very popular on the forum.
My copy arrived here today.

10 Likes

Lovely haul there Bob.
HNY to you.

And to you Neil hope you have a great 2022.

1 Like

Bob Marley & The Wailers - The Capitol Session '73, Mercury/Tuff Gong (2021)

I’d been holding back on buying this record because of fears over the sound quality lifted from ‘Lost’ pieced together video footage but I’ve taken the plunge as prices have come down a little and it can of course be returned with Amazon’s no quibble returns.

The line up and track listing is mouth watering to any Bob fan and as soon as I get it on my P8 I’ll report back.

3 Likes

I’m interested in this - do please report back on how it sounds. I bought the double LP version of the ‘Live’ album last year and it lost the presence and vibrancy of my original copy.

1 Like

Got these from my local shop in Oslo:

And these from a good friend:

6 Likes

Sadly that’s correct I believe

@CliveB
The coloured UK pressing is a bit noisy from the samples I’ve heard, there is a more pricey US import black pressing but not much better. (I am fussy though)
:heart:

1 Like

But not Bunny Wailer fans :wink:

1 Like

Its unusual insofar as TP do the gatefold sleeves where there are appropriate session photos available, you may be interested to know it’s also a digital recording
:heart:

As soon as I listen to it I’ll let you know should be some time tomorrow Clive, I’ve learned not to listen to other peoples opinions though especially second hand ones which are next to useless but I’ll be able to at least tell you if my pressing is flat, noisy or has any imperfections.

1 Like