What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

What about side B?

Just played, beautiful record. Like to send it to Putin as if everyone listened to this record the world would be a much more peaceful place. 2nd vinyl is warped but still plays well so will keep, so a bargain for less than £14

1 Like

Nice one :+1:

Seasick Steve - Blues in Mono
Recorded on 1940s equipment
Sounds good in a slightly fuzzy way. A few clicks on track 1 but not too intrusive and they sometimes clear after a few plays.
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Joe Henderson - Inner Urge, Blue Note/Classic (2022)

I’ve just played this very low because of the hour but so far it’s very good.

2 Likes

You might like CW Stoneking Gon’ Boogaloo

4 Likes

Great album, Bob.

Ta, added to my streaming list :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a CBS copy, which I bought around 1981. It has very good sound. I used to think it was nearly as good as the CD (2002 reissue) until I ripped it. Now I find the CD outperforms the vinyl by a long shot for depth and engagement.

1 Like

Now - this is a great album Dread - by a long termer Aussie boy

I have it on vinyl and cd / it’s so good

2 Likes

I have the vinyl :+1:

Until a new MoFi turns up, I will stick digital, thanks @Clive

He did a couple more bluesy ones after this one but not as good

I’m aware of King Hokum & Jungle Blues but only have Gon Boogaloo in my record collection. What were the other titles you mention?

Currently has a 3% discount on the vinyl from the River.

2 Likes

Blue Lab Beats Motherland Journey. Out earlier than expected thx as ever to Juno & postie. More nu-soul than the excerpts I streamed but lots to admire. This will defo be Barbie music at Chateau BC this summer with the gorgeous Blow You Away the seasonal hit - might try to get Essex CCC to play it as yet another County are despatched by an innings! Is Blue Adventure going to be the BN yout label?

Thanks again @Isca_Dumnoniorum for mentioning the wonderful pressing from Alson Moyet :+1:
The new album from Tears for Fears is great, one of the best Pop releases this year so far :ok_hand:
Judi Jackson and Alfa Mist are just wonderful in the worlds between Jazz, Soul and RnB

4 Likes

Now I’m tempted by that TFF LP.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts I’ve been listening to it today, posted on the WYLT and UK Jazz threads. A bit inconsistent imo (not keen on the rap, thankfully only one track, and the couple of Auto Tuned Dancehall tracks ) but the good shines through, like you this is going to be a nice summer in the roots garden selection.
Hows the vinyl pressing?
:heart:

Hi Dread - pressing is fine, silent but with a very slight warp on both discs.

1 Like