What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Cheers BC (in the voice of a character from Top Cat, cant remember which)
I’ve really been enjoying a first listen in the cab today to the new Binker n Moses- Feed The Machine, see what you think
:+1:

1 Like

Actually streaming B&M as I read your post. The electronics adds layers without losing their trademark propulsion. I imagine the Gearbox vinyl will be up to its usual high standard.

1 Like

Were often on the same wavelength I think. Your comment on the electronics chimes with mine

I still highly rate their debut Dem Ones, AAA cut on a vintage Scully lathe and their other Gearbox label albums Alive In The East, Journey To The Mountain Of Forever and their respective solo albums Moses Boyd Exodus, Binker Golding - Abstractions of Reality Past And Incredible Feathers :grin: none of which seem to find much love on this forum.

Anyway cab parked up and back home, now streaming a Tidal Master of Blue Lab Beats, enjoying it even more without my cabs LoFi conditions. Probably order vinyl on Monday
Atb
:heart:

1 Like

Lo Moon’s latest turned up today…have listened to the stream a few times and its not as an immediate liking to me as their first album so hopefully a grower.

Went on a bit of a buying spree to feed the Solstice some new material (all new and on 180g vinyl):
Nick cave & the Bad Seeds - B-sides & rarities Part II

The Stranglers - Peaches

Lou Reed - The Twilight Reeling

The Dandy Warhols - The Dandy Warhols Come Down

Weezer - ok human

Cage the Elephant - Unpeeled

Cage the Elephant - Tell Me I’m Pretty

Leonard Cohen - Songs From A Room

And for good measure, a couple of used LPs:
The Jam - Beat Surrender

and finally
Clockwork Orange (original Movie soundtrack)

2 Likes

That Stranglers collection LP is particularly good - have it myself - what a fabulous band.

3 Likes

Nice Jam record there.

1 Like

A relaxing Saturday morning with the new Tears for Fears LP - ‘The Tipping Point’. First listen, and I’m impressed so far…

10 Likes

@Isca_Dumnoniorum Maybe the Pop album of the year, enjoy it with your wonderful system :ok_hand:

1 Like

Malia - The Garden of Eve: somewhere between Soul, Pop and Jazz, and one of the greatest singers IMO, plus the first coloured vinyl with a good pressing I have listened to🙏

The Meters: just a legend. I have been waiting for months. The reward is a fine pressing and a great SQ. :ok_hand:

1 Like

How’s the pressing sound quality? Can’t decide on the minty green or pinky pink version!

All good on that front. Had no idea what colour the vinyl was until I opened it. Not sure I’d have opted for the green to be honest.

1 Like

McCoy Tyner & Freddie Hubbard Quartet - Live at Fabrik, Hamburg 1986, Jazzline (2022) pre order

I’ve listened to parts of this NDR recording on youtube and the music is exceptional so this 3xLP box set is a very welcome release lets hope the pressing is up to scratch.

3 Likes

Charlie Gabriel - Eighty Nine, Preservation Hall. (2022). pre order

This is the first music I’ve ever heard from this New Orleans Sax player and he is 89 years old just shows the huge holes in my musical knowledge.

And your trousers! :grin:

I’m pretty sure that would have been said by Benny.
Benny

1 Like

Spritualized - Amazing Grace
Bought yesterday on a visit to HMV, Leicester.

1 Like

Kahil El’Zabar Ft David Murray - Spirit Groove, SpiritMuse Records (2020)

Proof of Purchase by request.

Fantastic double LP from Spiritual Jazz Master · Kahil El’Zabar

1 Like

My copy of that had quite a few rings of no fill on track 1, which sounded dreadful. Juno records are very kindly sending me a replacement. It’s rather irritating, and a bit pathetic really, that these limited albums seem also to have limited quality control. It can’t be that hard to press a record properly.

A small haul from a local charity shop for the bargain price of £2 each. They’ve cleaned up very nicely too!

16 Likes