What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

SS500

9 Likes

Neil%20Young%20-%20Colorado

Neil Young - Colorado - LP

The more I play it the more I love it!!!

Richard

4 Likes

I am actually the biggest Neil Young fan, seriously I am, but I played clips of it and it didn’t sound that brilliant. It sounded like a 80 year old Neil Young doing a bad Neil Young impression of when he was young.

Fair enough.

I have to admit that it took time and grew on me after playing the LP, then hearing it in the car as I drove across the Yorkshire Woods in glorious crisp sunshine, then with ear phones as I walked the foothills. Followed by playing the LP again and again!

Although not convinced by a couple of tracks mind you but even with those I just love the rough garage sound of it all.

Richard

4 Likes

Neil Young Colorado…having preordered yonks ago from the States, I was sent a completely different album (Alex G, House of Sugar? New to me)…going back…

So, new order to Amazon UK, lol…
arrives tomorrow.

2 Likes

510Cw%20csJLL

2 Likes

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. Eponymous album ,just arrived,2019 re-mastered re-issue.

2 Likes

Arve Henriksen, The Timeless Nowhere. Four-LP box, comprising three LPs’ worth of new material, plus a live album. Thoughtfully Rune Grammofon has included two CDs with all the material on as well. A very nice package.

2 Likes

@TheKevster

I don’t know the artist, but the graphic design is superb!

3 Likes

Norwegian avant-garde trumpeter Steve. Great stuff, I have about 10 of his other albums.

See you tomorrow in Walthamstow?

@TheKevster

Damn straight!
Me an Laura will be there. Sadly a friend who really wants to see Ese can’t make it, but we’ll get her to a gig at some point…she’ll love E&VP!

Can’t wait! See you at the bar :slight_smile:

Edit - I’ll bring that Earth LP.

1 Like

Picked this up today:

4 Likes

A new kid on the block. Craft Record reissues. Checking them out to see if they are any good. I expect it’s just a hi res. files on a vinyl. These will be compared to Acoustic Sound reissue. Or better comparison would be with OJC reissues.
download download-1

Music Matters 45. The Styling of Silver. This is a bit of sleeper but wonderful record often overlooked. Plus Hank Mobley on tenor.
download-2
Horowitz in Hamburg
He was losing a lot in terms of technicality in his later years but this particular live concert is special. He rewards us with beautiful yet unique stying and only-the-Horowtiz styling make up enough or lack of fireworks.
download-3
This is a Sam’s Record 10" reissue remastered at Abbey Road. I doubt they had an access to the original tape and suspect it’s a digital remaster but hoping betters my current Columbia reissue.
download-4

3 Likes

In this case what I didn’t, charity shop, MJQ first pressing of Pyramid, described as as excellent, play tested. Scuffed, gritty and this…

Nils Lofgren acoustic live
Next album Blue with Lou. Nils Lofgren

5 Likes

3 Likes

Courtesy of @steviebee - thank you Steve, and good to see you and Laura again last night.

1 Like

@TheKevster

My pleasure…and always good to see you!
GREAT gig. Loved it to bits and back…

Hopefully again before Christmas :smiley:

1 Like

along with a new Aria phono stage Happy days

7 Likes

The new Crosscurrent Trio album, Good Hope.
David Holland, double bass; Zakir Hussain, tabla; Chris Potter, Soprano & Tenor Sax

This is excellent. David Holland never disappoints.

3 Likes