What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Skinny Pelembe - Dreaming is Dead Now

Quite a suprise purchase, giving some joyous listening - particularly enjoying the track - Laxmi Flying.
Found in the bargain bin at the local electrical store JB hifi - a suprise because it was released recently on nicely done heavy weight vinyl.
I might have to visit that bargain bin again as there were a few recent releases in there.

Just the plain old 75th Anniversary copy. Great LP though.
s-l500

5 Likes

I’ve been after a copy of this for a long time three great Jazz men together.

3 Likes

Sam Fender, Hypersonic Missiles. It’s a superb album by a really talented young artist

1 Like

A birthday present from my other half. It’s the first from the series that I’ve really wanted.

7 Likes

I already one this copy so it will be interesting to compare the two.

1 Like

A couple of 45’s from the excellent Durand Jones & The Indicators.
The B side of Morning in America is Cruising In The Park featuring drummer Arron Frazer on vocals as does Is It Any Wonder on the B side of Make a Change. Arron sings in a beautful falsetto style that compliments this type of soul music so well.

s-l500 s-l500

s-l500

6 Likes

The Factory Records Use Hearing Protection box set, which was waiting for me this morning as I arrived back from Düsseldorf. Vinyl, posters, CDs, book and other memorabilia. Gorgeous!

2 Likes

@TheKevster Crikey, thats early, I thought that was not out until well into Nov ? Or do you “know somebody who knows somebody who steals things …”

I think it’s the vinyl “Communications 1978-92” set that’s out in November @biddler66

1 Like

1 Like

While in Rockbox yesterday I pre-ordered the forthcoming Police vinyl box set. Half speed remastering at Abbey Road studios. Should be good

Is this different to the Every Move You Make vinyl box set from last year?

I assume so as it’s not yet released. Here it is on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Move-You-Make-Recordings/dp/B07FT6JN9R/ref=sr_1_2?crid=FB5CO4XJIKIN&keywords=police&qid=1572294830&s=music&sprefix=poli%2Cpopular%2C149&sr=1-2

It looks like a re-press/re-release of last years box. Good news if you didn’t pick it up then as it went out of print and was unavailable for a while.

Ok thanks. The guys in Rockbox were very complimentary about the Abbey Road remasters from other artists so this should be good.

It is very good - see the vinyl reissue thread.

I read the vinyl reissue thread but it wasn’t clear that the forthcoming box set is similar to the previous box set. I’m looking forward to it

Just picked up another DMM Blue Note from 1986.

8 Likes