What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Absolutely gutted! :frowning_face:

Played this for the first time yesterday and got to the very last track on the album and started to get static/distortion about half way through.
On closer inspection there is a very slight defect in the pressing, like a small patch of rippling in the vinyl itself. Not easy to see initially but definitely a problem there! :angry:
I bought it on Discogs and have messaged the seller so will have to wait and see what they say. Don’t have any experience dealing with problems on Discogs… :worried:

Its going back for a refund! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

I took a punt on this as Juno records recommended it. Wonderful Japanese Jazz, Jazz Rock, Jazz Funk. Very enjoyable.

4 Likes

My first mofi records. Perfect the sound. I’ve gotten some jazz records in the last few weeks, but jazz and I won’t be friends. That’s why I have now started with the mofi records in the rock/pop segment.

5 Likes

nice ones @Cledi13 , I’ve been waiting for my Yazoo record since months…

@krautnaimie
I ordered them from a hi-fi dealer in Bonn. He only listed the ones he has in stock. 1 day delivery time. Yazzoo is also interesting. Tell me what the sound is like when you have it

1 Like

Marty Stewart is a stalwart of the country scene and a disciple of Johnny Cash having played in his band for many years. This 2017 release is a bit different from the sort of thing he’s done before. Not very “country” and certainly not bluegrass! something special and unique think Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, psychedelic rock.

Very impressed. I can’t find that LP at a reasonable price anywhere!

Ah, ok, I ordered mine at jpc.de and it should be produced in March, now it is scheduled in August 22…

Classic records 200g… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

8 Likes

I have the Analogue Productions version Norah Jones’ best record by far.

1 Like

Nat Birchall meets Al Breadwinner - Upright Living, Tradition Discs Mono (2021)

The last and best of the three Al Breadwinner records I bought again featuring the ever excellent Nat Birchall. This one is recorded and mixed in Mono and again AAA Analogue a big, big sound from this one first rate, top drawer modern British Reggae.

Nat Birchall - Afro Trane, (2022) PRE ORDER

Nat pays homage to Coltrane probably a bit sacrilegious to some devotees but he puts a bit of himself on A Love Supreme which I really enjoyed. A solo effort with Nat playing all of the instruments himself excellent stuff.

Chip Wickham - La Sombra, Love Monk Records (2017)

Beautifully recorded, pressed and packaged from the ex member of Matthew Halsall’s Gondwana Orchestra.

1 Like

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane (Acoustic Sounds) Fortunately a record with an excellent pressing and a superb sound quality :+1:

6 Likes

Update: Seller sent refund straight after receiving the record back so can’t complain! :+1: :grin:

Im waiting on that one, got a release date 18th March. Maybe they come out sooner in Germany?

1 Like

It is an RTI pressing and I think today is worldwide release day but I don’t know exactly

Yes, the Acoustic Sounds Series are pressed at RTI. Not in stock yet here at my usual suspects
Enjoy

Widely available in mainland Europe. I noticed UK is later on this one, might be the reason it is not listed on discogs yet.