What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I think the Acoustic Sounds Impulse series is pressed by QRP.

2 Likes

Yes, my mistake @krautnaimie

I’m confusing with the Tone Poet series

1 Like
3 Likes

Ah, ok, I am always a bit confused with the differences between Acoustic Sounds and Tone Poet, but after sending lots of them back I am happy that this pressing is beautiful :star_struck:

Very surprised to hear that, both the TP & AS Series have been consistently superb ime

( AS - QRP TP-RTI)

Sure your not confusing Tone Poet with the BN Classic Series that have had issues?

1 Like

Just to confuse matters, most AP/AS pressings are done at QRP, but sometimes they are done at RTI when Chad’s company doesn’t have the capacity (RTI is bigger than QRP)…

2 Likes

RTI pressings can usually be identified by their paperless thick PVC inners (without straining peepers reading dead wax etchings), not sure any other company use those.

Freddie Hubbard - Breaking Point, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2022) PRE ORDER

When the 2022 list came out this was one that caught my eye not out until early May.

Not heard the other May TP release Gerald Wilson - Moment of Truth but for those who have it’s also available on PRE.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up - this looks great.

1 Like

I had to send 3 records out of 7 back from the AS and 2 out of 10 in the Blue Note CS. All my Tone Poets are perfect.

1 Like

Vin Gordon - African Shores, Traditional Disc (2019)

More Reggae loveliness from Al Breadwinner, Vin Gordon and Nat Birchall.

I can understand the issues with the CS, what were the problems with the AS titles? All the ones I bought are fine and not heard any negative reports

Picked up the Mono reissue this afternoon…

8 Likes

Dali In Venice
Decca, mono, 1966.
Music via Scarlatti.
Interview plus a bizarre painting chat (“he’s just thrown gold paint over the photographer!”), and set designs (photos included in the gatefold) via the man himself.
Rather splendid.

5 Likes

The Beatles - Help! & Revolver.

Two from the stereo reissues that were prepared using the 2009 digital remasters, created from the original stereo analogue master tapes. I bought these just as a test, and I’m really quite pleasantly surprised as they compare very favourably with my 80s reissues, which I found a little forward and grainy. These two have a much more balanced presentation from top to bottom. Lovely quality vinyl too - quiet, and perfectly flat pressings.

15 Likes

Check the Mono box set, all AAA (with the exception of Please Please Me) and I think the titles were available individually

2 Likes

Yes, I’m very much aware of the mono box set, but also very much aware of the secondhand prices too, and they sell for more than I want to spend.

I missed out on both the CD and vinyl mono boxed sets as music had taken a back seat when they were released (very young family). If there is an official new mono box set released, I’ll certainly be in the queue!

2 Likes

I thought you might be able to pick up some of the individual titles but ive not looked up prices.
I have the stereo box set and the mono, its certainly acceptable but does pale in comparison to the AAA mono set

1 Like

Would also love to get hold of the mono vinyl box set @YetiZone @Dreadatthecontrols

I do have an original ‘Please Please Me’ LP in mono. The cover is very beaten up. I was given this as a teenager in the early 80s by the original owner (who knew I was a huge fan of the Fabs but with limited means). I used to play it non-stop on some awful system back in the day.

Just giving it a spin now - has the odd pop and click but sounding good. Never been cleaned either - must sort that out with a decent machine of some sort.

8 Likes

Very nice - I’m acquiring the odd original mono pressing, but they are quite pricey!

1 Like