What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

It is now X)

Piccadilly Records been great about it, they even laughed at my joke when I said I was reluctant to open it further and pour the pieces out :wink:

1 Like

Good haul- grabbed the T.Rex one myself

Blimey, Dread…I couldn’t possibly say… it’s the only copy I have. No idea how it stacks up against the ones you mention. Sounds good to me is all I can say, and it’s a nice package.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Will let you know soon, but as I mentined on the other thread Gearbox Records have a fine reputation (Jelly Cleaver) and 2 other members on this forum have been positive about the Chelsea Carmichael.

:heart:

1 Like

In a previous life I was a TU rep at the Royal Mail. I remember representing a member at a disciplinary following a customer complaint about a package of valuable photographs. The sender had labelled the package photographs do not bend the postie had allegedly scrawled underneath yes they do folded them and stuffed them through the letter box!

1 Like

Not sure I’d have managed to keep a straight face through those proceedings!

I can’t get worked up about it. Our local delivery people are fantastic. The package looks like it’s been run over to be honest. An accident I’m sure. If the “FRAGILE, Please do not bend me” label had been amusingly annotated to the contrary, I might have raised a bit of an eyebrow though X)

1 Like

Second batch from rsd2022

1 Like

Thanks, @Dreadatthecontrols :+1:

Earl Wild - ‘Plays Liszt’ (1974). My latest acquisition from the local charity shop today. Another recital LP from the pre-digital era which I am not sure made it on to CD. Either way, looking forward to hearing it.

Jorge Bolet - ‘Liszt: Annees de Pelerinage - Suisse’ (1984). An early digital era recording on vinyl. From charity shop today.

Record Store Day haul

1 Like

I’ll have to check that Jelly Cleaver album out Dread, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I was asked to photograph the Jazz festival in Durham in 2019 where she was playing, very good from what I can remember.

1 Like

@krautnamie listening to Jelly Cleaver now, superb as expected from Gearbox. I’ll report back on Chelsea Carmichael a little later

1 Like

Its a 5 track EP, I highly recommend it

Nice pics thanks for posting
:heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information :+1:

I had to try three copies of the standard Original Master edition before I found one that did not have

a pressing issue, very surprised about MOFI quality. I expect this One Step version of Tapestry to be perfect.

5 Likes

Just played the original MCA version today and the surface noise is on the last two tracks on side 2. It doesn’t ruin the SQ but is noticeable.

1 Like

Wasn’t Everything Must Go from RSD 2021?

This afternoon I managed to pick up 4 of the 5 discs I wanted from RSD 2022 (plus The Police). Who needs to queue?

I’m in a particularly nostalgic mood at present! :laughing:

4 Likes