What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Sonic Youth - In/Out/In

Possibly the final previously unreleased proper studio tapes by Sonic Youth, now released as part of their post-breakup quest of documenting ~32 years of band history (and making some money). Perfect pressing, and not superfluous leftovers but fabulous pieces of ambient-noisy SY in their most relaxed mood.

5 Likes

Earthless : Live in Mojave. Awesome album and great vinyl.

2 Likes

This arrived this morning. Wonderful.

9 Likes

4 Likes

I do like Dexter Gordon - ‘One Flight Up’ was a brilliant Tone Poet release - interested in how this one sounds.

And I do like the finish on your IsoBlue.

It’s absolutely fab. Highly recommended. As you say, Dexter’s sound is wonderful. The Isoblue is the Special Branch pippy oak.

1 Like

This came a couple of days ago. Everyone else has it, so I thought why not? Sonny Red recorded very little, which is rather surprising given how good he was. Sounds great.

7 Likes

Charity shop today.

1 Like

Not much to tell Dread. It’s a 2020 Polydor reissue, remastered, Miles at Abbey Road, double, with extra tracks on the second LP, black Track labels, good notes, nice poster.

It’s great - but I’ve never had an original to compare.

1 Like

VMP asked me to send them a recording of the defect, which seemed a little cheeky, and maybe a prelude to “Sounds fine to me, all records have some background noise [etc]”, but not only did they respond quickly, they shipped a replacement right away without even asking me to return the copy I have. Top service :+1:

Here’s hoping the entire batch isn’t defective :crossed_fingers:

Great selection HH they must have repressed this because I’d missed it first time out and prices went up but it’s available again at normal pricing levels. You can pretty much buy anything by Dexter Gordon and not be disappointed he has such a great tone especially for the ballads.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a fabulous record. I’ve got the Tone Poet One Flight Up and that’s great too. As you say, he has such a lovely tone. I much prefer the more laid back approach to too much pyrotechnics. Some of Coltrane’s work can be a bit hard going, though I love a lot of his stuff.

Thanks Stevie, I love that album, have it on CD and vinyl from the Studio Albums Box Set, would you say the one you posted worth having over those?
Cheers

One Flight Up is a great album, but imo the best piece from the sessions didnt make it to the original vinyl, Kong Neptune check it out.
:heart:

1 Like

Record Store day today in Germany

3 Likes

Thanks. And here it is.

1 Like

Absolutely your spot on.

Oops!

First delivery casualty in a while.

Would a record clamp help?

1 Like

Ok, not seen that one reborn recordings, there is an extended Blue Note label CD/Stream version of the album.
:+1:

Is it a flexy disc?

1 Like