What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I agree and for that reason don’t want the new Craft release from Bill Evans., no matter how good!

1 Like

Bob arrived last week followed by Womack & Womack today. I cannot believe of all the Bob Marley cds & Records I have collected over the years I didn’t have this brilliant Natty Dread record.

5 Likes

:+1::heart:

1 Like

Space jazz from 1963 (2020 reissue on Alternative Fox)… Great, groovy album.

Moon Gas
Sleeve notes by Leonard Feather.

3 Likes

Watched this trio at a fun performance tonight. Lucky for me, I was able to purchase this record after the show and get the band to sign it.

7 Likes

Arrived today Eric Clapton Unplugged. Ultradisc one step by Mofi. Number 5,025 of 10.000. Nice and flat but needed a wash. Ready for the weekend.

8 Likes

I don’t know how well known Die Toten Hosen are international

Definitely get a limited box and soon live in the hometown Düsseldorf

3 Likes

Looks fun

Hi @Richard.Dane @CliveB

John Coltrane My Favourite Things 60th Anniversary

Just listened to disc 2 the stereo mix and track 2 side 4 But Not For Me has some non fill crackle and distortion starting about mid way through. Not the worse Ive heard but annoying still.

Do your copies have this issue?

Be grateful for your feedback as deciding whether to accept it or get a replacement
Thanks

Sorry to hear that. Mine seemed perfect.

1 Like

Got this the other day, sounds very good.
Roxy Music, Manifesto, remastered and cut Half Speed.

Edit: I listened to this again tonight for the third time. It’s pretty infectious, the sound stage is good and extends left and right past my speakers, especially on the tracks, Dance away and Spin me round. Good.

7 Likes

Joy Division, 1877-1980 Substance and Fantastic Negrito, White Jesus Black Problems. Streamed the first far to many times not to buy the media, and the second is rapidly becoming a favourite with the family and I so had to buy it as well!

*1977 X)

5 Likes

Hi Dread - I can’t check specifically as I am away, but I didn’t notice any problems when I played it a couple of times. Good luck with getting it sorted out.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane @CliveB
Thanks for taking the time
Cheers
:heart:

‘Trio 65’ - Bill Evans Trio

2022 Acoustic Sounds/Verve reissue

9 Likes

Snap!
Just arrived from Juno

Bill Evans - Trio 65 (Acoustic Sounds Series/Verve)

To partner the Trio 64 that AS released last year

7 Likes

…and from Pure Pleasure Records

Miles Davis - Round About Midnight (Speakers Corner/Columbia)

8 Likes

Finally The Smile has arrived. I was lucky enough to see their first show at Magazine in London and having been looking forward to giving this a spin for a while.

5 Likes

That’s fast. And?

I’ve only been able to listen to it intermittently today because of meetings, but it’s sounding excellent, particularly the bass of Chuck Israels, which is warm and clear. Must commend Acoustic Sounds for the quality of the packaging too - beautiful gatefold Stoughton cover.

2 Likes