What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Charles Lloyd Trios - Chapel, Blue Note (2022)

This is the real deal Blue Note still releasing top draw Jazz music. Beautiful pressing and beautiful sound do yourself a favour and get a copy.

3 Likes

Bill Evans - You Must Believe In Spring, Craft (2021)

Bill Evan’s 1977 studio LP cut by KG at Cohearant and pressed at RTI it is cut at 45rpm and so spread over four sides but it sounds incredible and the very small inconvenience of getting up a little more often to change sides is more than worth it.

A real must have in my opinion.

5 Likes

Nova - ‘Vimana’ (1976). Received yesterday, bought second hand online. This is part of my investigation into Brand X related material I hadn’t heard of until recently. Nova were a prog jazz fusion band from Italy. This album includes contributions from Phil Collins and Percy Jones (Brand X) and Narada Michael Walden (Mahavishnu). Classy stuff. Not listened to it all yet but already heard Percy on the bass, very distinctive, takes me right back to early Brand X!

Yes, got it last week, beautiful record.

1 Like

2nd Exit (Alfa Mist) - 2nd Exit/Tangent , Sekito Records (2022)

A first vinyl release of these two Alfa Mist collaborations with Lester Duvall both are pressed onto one record the self titled 2nd Exit is from 2016 and Tangent from 2018.

2 Likes

New stuff from the 3 guitarreros, very nice pressing and the SQ is a 4/5, nice record for a reasonable 25 Euros.

6 Likes

‘Avalon’ - Roxy Music

Abbey Road Half Speed Remaster.

11 Likes

Just arrived!
Can’t wait to hear them!!!

6 Likes

3 Likes

14 Likes

Double album 45 RPM pressed at Pallas

11 Likes

Have this one myself - enjoy!

How does it compare to the Friday night? Is it the same set list?

1 Like

It is a completely different setlist. :+1: I don‘t own a comparable vinyl of the Friday Night. The pressing is excellent regarding the fact that it is from Optimal. Far better than e.g. the Abbey Road Police best of.

2 Likes

People know Ginger Baker for the comparatively brief, comparatively disciplined and commercially successful period from 1966-69, but he played great drums on a lot of music after that.

This is Ginger, plus Fela Kuti and Bobby Tench in Ginger’s Nigerian studio in 1972. Disciplined it’s not, but this was afrobeat before 99.9% had heard of it and they are clearly having a ball.

3 Likes

Roxy Music - Flesh + Blood and Avalon, AR remasters.
Eric Bibb - Dear America
Just been delivered so hopefully will get to listen later today or tomorrow.

9 Likes

Just to keep the Friday night company.

9 Likes

Whats your view, I have Friday of course, do I need Saturday?

I’ll let you know when it arrives (tomorrow), but I’m a big fan of John, so I’m not sure I can give an impartial view…

1 Like

I have Friday on CD and nice Impex vinyl, impartial or not as a big fan I value your feedback
:+1: