What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

1 Like

2 Likes

Loving this set a lot!

4 Likes

Lou Reed - Transformer, Speakers Corner Records. Should arrive in a few days.

22 Likes

The SC mastering is superb, enjoy

4 Likes

Do you have the black or coloured vinyl?
I would be very interested to know your view on the sound quality
Cheers

1 Like

From Juno Records

Art Blakeys Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk (Rhino/Atlantic 2LP)

Superb meeting of Blakey and Monk in glorious Mono with extra bits.
And
Otis Spann IS The Blues (Candid)
One of 5 initial Candid re issues from the original masters by Bernie Grundman

From Diverse Vinyl

Poll Winners: Barney Kessel, Shelley Manne and Ray Brown ( Craft Contemporary Records Acoustic Sounds Series)

One of a handful of fine Contemporary label re issues (that kicked off with the fantastic RSD Mono mix of Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section. The Stereo is soon come for a full re issue but in my view its criminal they didnt make the Mono available as a proper release)
From the original tapes by Bernie Grundman.
And
Abbey Lincoln - Straight Ahead (Candid)
Another of the fine, mastered from original tapes by Bernie Grundman, Candid titles.

:heart:

6 Likes

My sleeve is the same, but the vinyl is flat

1 Like

Amy Winehouse - Live at Glastonbury 2007, Island (2022)

Not the last word in sonics or the best recording but for an Amy devotee a must. It’s not often that I get overly emotional but this put a huge lump in my throat.

2 Likes

I have black vinyl and in my opinion the sound quality is exceptionally good. The set is a thoroughly enjoyable listen

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince, Verve Records Deluxe Issue (2022)

A reissue of the beautiful and previously virtually unobtainable debut Long Player from Arooj Aftab this deluxe double LP has an extra track not on the original a collaboration with Anoushka-Shankar.

I didn’t hear the original release but this reissue on Verve sounds wonderful.

1 Like

:+1:Thanks

1 Like

A very very great sounding album in the 45rpm version. Arrived today.

3 Likes

Funnily enough I thought it was excellent sound, which captures the event so well. It really feels like being there. I have several live recordings of Amy and I think this could be the best. Perhaps it’s the ‘liveness’ of it, which could be why it triggered an emotional response from you, Bob.

1 Like

I agree Clive I wasn’t saying it was bad but that it’s appeal is in it’s emotion for me.

Chet Baker Trio - Live in Paris, RSD (2022)

Like many Chet recordings of the period this has some average moments but also it has some classic Chet moments. Would I pay the £80-£90 asking price probably not but if you can get for the £40 I paid and you are a Chet fan then it’s a must as usual KG makes the very best of these old Radio recordings and brings them to life.

2 Likes

Otis Spann - Otis Spann is The Blues, Candid (2022)

Firstly this is A Grade music by a legendary Blues artist and it’s more than playable and an excellent addition to any collection but wether it’s the original source tapes or not I don’t know but held up against Analogue Productions and even Craft’s recent Riverside Blues reissues this Bernie Grundman remaster isn’t in that league but it’s well worth the asking price.

6 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Breaking Point, BN/ Tone Poet (2022)

Another first class Tone Poet release the last track on side 2, Minors by Joe Chambers is just sublime and a must if you like what Tone Poet do.

8 Likes

Lou Donaldson - Blues Walk, BN Classic Series (2022)

Another excellent classic series and for around £20 a steal.

5 Likes

Nat Birchall - Afro Trane (2022)

This tribute to John Coltrane by Nat Birchall is a real winner Nat put’s his own stamp ever so slightly on this group of Trane tracks and and composers a couple of others himself it is a perfect tribute rather than a poor imitation.

Nat is a fantastic writer and multi instrumentalist and is one of this country’s best living Jazz musicians.

1 Like