What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I had the CD of Miles from India and then bought the LP version. It wasn’t worth the trouble and expensive, so my advice would be just to enjoy the music on CD.

1 Like

Good to know Clive, cheers

Indigo Sparkes first Album Echo… very cool Indie Folk…

Old youthful loves: let’s see what emotions they will give me!

5 Likes

The NeilYoung Archive pressing. Sounds amazing. Really impressed

8 Likes

It does seem really good , thanks for recommendation

1 Like

I’m glad you like it. It’s often played here.

1 Like

The Selecter. Half-speed remaster plus On My Radio single.

4 Likes

Used vinyl… :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds, Prestige/OJC (2019)

At last after three cancelled orders and a returned scratched and battered copy I’ve finally got a copy of this fantastic record. Pressed at RTI and AAA remastered.

Paid well over the odds though £33 from Juno

2 Likes

Jackie Leven reissue, double album, smoked grey vinyl. Lovely.

And decided to give Toast another go while ordering the above. A flat copy that fits on the LP12 on the third attempt.

And the post lady has just delivered this. Bought direct from Third Man Records and a LP and CD bundle for what nowadays seems like a very reasonable price. Entering Heaven Alive -Jack White.

Edit: We’ve just played the Jack White through - what a great production the vinyl version is.

8 Likes

The (last) new entry in my personal collection: a refined songwriter with an incredible voice.
Limited coloured edition with fresh remastering (2022).

1 Like

Just arrived. 3 LP Deluxe set.

11 Likes

Anyone here who knows the Swedish group kent?:thinking: Anyway, this is the twenty year anniversary edition of “Vapen & Ammunition”… (Arms & Ammunition)

1 Like

Only my second Amos Lee album, thanks @NigelB for your advice! :+1: :grin:

2 Likes

What do you think of it @apye?

I have Isola on CD.
Always quite liked them …Scandi Britpop of sorts.

1 Like

In These Silent Days - Brandi Carlile

819+0w7XkiL._AC_SX450_1

Brandi has a great voice & is one of the best singer/songwriters of her generation.

3 Likes

Have only just ordered it today and won’t receive it until end of next week.
Will let you know though… :+1:

1 Like

Hej hej Bjorn.

I have Kent’s “best of” and final album, both released in 2016 when they did their final concerts.

Lovely melodic indie rock. I just wish that I could speak Swedish and fully appreciate Joachim Berg’s lyrics as I believe the English translation does not really fully do them justice.

Introduced to the group by a close friend of mine who lives in Stockholm. There are some fantastic Swedish artists out there.

Peter

1 Like