What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yep, know them well and have heard them live a couple of times (in Malmo as well as Copenhagen). Always a great live act.

1 Like

2 LP box charity shop find.

4 Likes

So many choices in Evans’ albums, but when the ones that brings tears to our eyes in just two notes are released with such hype, I jump onboard. And I am glad I did! Many of us bought this one as well, so you know. You know that this is mastered and pressed so rediculously beautiful, we are proud to own it. I did wonder before why Freddie Freeloader wasn’t on this album, since I love the change mid-song to active Piano and Bass and the fact that Evans didn’t perform this song on Miles’ record. Having this 45 album and listening to it over and over, I kind of like it without that song.

Rex’ vinyl #78

Bill Evans - You Must Believe In Spring

Pressing 2022 /Craft Recordings / 2x 45 RPM / CR00455

Saving on postage, I put this one in the cart as well. Pressed well, nice gatefold, good value for money.

Rex’ vinyl #79

Michael Jackson - Off The Wall

Pressing 2016 /Epic MMJ Legacy

7 Likes

YMBIS is my go to Evans album for the reason you mention.
The Craft reissue is beautiful…enjoy.
Love mine.

2 Likes

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue, BN Classic Series 2nd Press (2022)

Thanks @Richard.Dane for informing me of this 2nd pressing.

Even though my 1st pressing was abysmal there was enough between the non fill to know that this was a very special remastering job by Kevin Gray and this 2nd pressing minus the issues is indeed very, very good and up there with the very best Classic Series.

8 Likes

A good…and a bad thing. These instant emotions on some great albums make that we don’t play them as often as I would like in our household.

@Bobthebuilder - Lovely album - I think the only thing you have time to build these days, is a bigger record collection !

Hej, hej Peter!
Nice to hear that you appreciate kent! :+1: Just like you say, I think you need to be Swedish to fully appreciate their subtle lyrics, but that’s how it is for us Swedes too when it comes to English lyrics, so it evens out I think :wink: Have a really good time and good luck in the finals that are going on right now!

Hej Bjorn.

I am Irish so am not usually shouting for the Brits! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

However I have been enjoying the women’s football tournament and the final tonight was very good. I would not begrudge the English girls their win as they have probably been the best team in the tournament. My only problem now is having to watch Sky News drone on about it for the next week!!

Peter

1 Like

I wish Ian, but unfortunately I’ll be out on site 8am tomorrow morning.

On Friday I spent the afternoon checking the work of two muscled and tattooed twenty somethings who where more interested in discussing the best places to get hair transplants and teeth veneers than in anything I had to say the consensus seemed to be that Turkey was cheapest but not the best for hair transplants but unequivocally the best place for veneers because all the celebs go there was Valencia Smiles!

1 Like

We had been waiting for this release for quite some time and it was worth it. Acoustic Sounds didn’t disappoint. Flat, silent pressing with a beautiful gatefold. The pictures inside match the recording wonderfully.

Rex’ vinyl #80

Ella Fitzgerald - Ella And Louis

Pressing 2022 /Verve Acoustic Sounds Series / MG V-4003

9 Likes

:+1::rofl::rofl:

It is a wonderful recording.

1 Like

Charles Lloyd Trios - Chapel, BN (2022)

I’ve posted on this wonderful recording further up thread and reading the cover notes this evening whilst listening to it again I discovered that this record was Supervised by Tone Poet Joe Harley and mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant.

Fantastic to see the Tone Poet gang involved in brand new recordings as well as their reference work on the BN back catalogue.

Hopefully they are involved in the remaining two Charles Lloyd Trios due out later in the year because this one is superb.

5 Likes

Chet Baker Sings Again, a limited edition of 1,500 on pink vinyl, on Music on Vinyl. Mine is number 23, so there should be plenty left!

1 Like

A very nice record indeed HH I have an original copy otherwise I would have bought one of these reissues I do have three other titles from the Timeless MOV series though and they are all excellent.

Got these today.
Jack White, Entering Heaven Alive and ZZ Top, Raw. Both sound very good.

8 Likes

Yes! Found it! And received it. :sunglasses:

This one, one of three Hubbard titels I love, from ORG instead of Pure Pleasure. Managed to buy this left over copy straight from the source, ORG music on their Discogs account.

The Grundman mastering is stunning, the reverbs (or more likely studio echo’s from the brass instruments) I hadn’t heard before on my digital copy.

Rex’ vinyl #81

Freddie Hubbard - Straight Life

Pressing 2016 / CTI Records 6007 / ORG Music ORGM-2005

5 Likes

Two 3 LP box sets, still in the original sealed packaging for a very nice price!

2 Likes

The musicians will change on the next two releases. The following is from the Blue Note web pages.

" Trios: Chapel (out June 24, 2022), features guitarist Bill Frisell and bassist Thomas Morgan. The second, Trios: Ocean (out September 23, 2022), features guitarist Anthony Wilson and pianist Gerald Clayton. The third, Trios: Sacred Thread (out November 18, 2022), features guitarist Julian Lage and percussionist Zakir Hussain.

If you want some more of Lloyd w/Bill Frisell check out the 'Charles Lloyd & the Marvels albums. They feature, Charles Lloyd & The Marvels , the genre-straddling quintet that features the master saxophonist with Bill Frisell on guitar, Greg Leisz on pedal steel guitar, Reuben Rogers on bass, and Eric Harland on drums.