What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Unbelievably lucky finds in a charity shop today. Condition of the discs is variable, with best condition and rarest items appropriately costing more, but none appear less than playable and we’ll see what the Pro-ject RCM can do to restore a few of the mouldier ones.
The Karajan, Beethoven Symphony cycle was £10. They need some light mould removing, but the discs look to me like they’ve never seen a stylus. I reckon the set was bought, put on a shelf and forgotten about. Nary a crease or mark on the box or pamphlet…
This little treasure trove cost me just £75.

5 Likes

713rcuLwKYL.SY355

Igor Levit: Beethoven Hammerclavier

images

Solti/CSO: Mahler 6

Francescatti/Casadesus: Beethoven Complete Violin Piano Sonata

1 Like

6 Likes

Charles Lloyd Quartet at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1967
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Checked all my local Sainsbury’s but no Mott in sight :cry:

Hot Pink Rats

6 Likes

Just £3 on the River. Thanks to Stu/Munch for the HU.

2 Likes

Wasn’t expecting this 'til next week, only ordered from Amazon two day ago and it’s here already!

My first purchase of a Tone Poet series LP :smiley:

10 Likes

Jimmy Page remaster to replace my missing late 70’s pressing

10 Likes

£2 from a charity shop. What a joy!

8 Likes

One of many Xmas gifts.

6 Likes

OK not what I bought but what Santa brought for me :grin:

51-wjAuzRiL

7 Likes

A lovely birthday present - the latest Dire Straits 45rpm reissues from Mofi. Can’t wait to give them a play…

6 Likes

Richard I ordered on Amazon MOFI Love Over Gold 45 rpm

Would be interested in your opinions of the sound quality. I ordered their first album but sadly got 2 disc 1s so no side3/4. I am awaiting a replacement but couldn’t play it as I need a new cartridge first.

Hoping I don’t have that problem - I ordered mine direct from MoFi in the States and do not want to face the challenge of returns!!

Something very unfashionable about Dire Straits these days - they just seemed to vanish at a time!

Peter

I managed to get copies of all three The Blue Nile reissue albums.

Peter

3 Likes

Luckily I bought mine from Diverse Vinyl so I have just returned one of the duplicate records and await a disc 2 in exchange.

I haven’t opened them yet. Here’s hoping they’re ok…