What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

My One Step copy of What’s Going On wasn’t great and not just the sound record one had a 2cm mark that admittedly doesn’t affect sound but at $125 plus shipping you’d expect a near perfect pressing and the outer inner sleeve had imperfections in the printing.

3 Likes

Got to keep the collection going…

2 Likes

That’s annoying. I have to admit I had the labels off centre on my MFSL Kind Of Blue. It was annoying too, but not quite enough to warrant a return. I agree though that for the premium being asked, these things should be properly QCed and so such things shouldn’t get through.

A shame about the sound. I have the Abbey Road half speed remaster of What’s Going On. The main disc is fine, but I reckon the master tape has probably suffered after so long. The Detroit mix though was a revelation - so much fresher and alive sounding. The Abbey Road remaster is worth it just for that Detroit mix LP.

Those One Steps always seem to have scuffs on the covers. The little mark on the vinyl wouldn’t bother me, as long as it doesn’t affect the sound.

On it’s own the vinyl mark wouldn’t be an issue but coupled with the scuffs it’s just annoying but regardless it’s something I’ll have to live with as MFSL want $25 shipping to replace to two damaged items (not the whole set) which takes my spend up to $175 for a record that doesnt sound much better than the 80’s reissue I have and no better than the 1st press.
I agree with Richard that the Abbey Rd half speed original is also quite average which does the beg the question if the original masters are that degraded then why master a premium pressing from them and charge top dollar?

I had no problems with mine. I received a perfect pressing and I think the sound is great.

Still at the price they are charging, every copy has to be perfect.

Btw, they’re having problems moving the Bob Dylan one-step. Currently on 25% discount.

I’m glad your happy with yours such a fantastic LP there are not many records I’d spend so much on.
It’s a real shame because it’s so beautifully made the box, Inner sleeves and photographs are all very nice it’s just a shame about the scuff marks on mine.

1 Like

Now playing… one of the best in my collection…

2 Likes

Another evergreen… in my opinion…

2 Likes

Discovered thx this forum…:grin:

3 Likes

http://www.mrsite.co.uk/usersitesv17/3869.mrsite.com/wwwroot/USERIMAGES/COV03%20150.jpg

The latest Moon Wiring Club L.P. Cavity Slabs. Hauntology with a dose of Drum n’ Bass. No idea what the vinyl quality is as the LP12 is currently stashed away, but the download is excellent :smiley:

Who - 45rpm triple vinyl

4 Likes

Triple coloured vinyl to go with Deluxe CD …

5 Likes

Just arrived in the post. Jackson Browne “Standing in the Breach”.

7 Likes

Not sure if I already posted this that arrived a couple of weeks ago. The limited edition of the latest Chris Rea release “One Fine Day”.

5 Likes

Eight LPs’ worth of Hendrix live with Band of Gypsys…

8 Likes

Hi @TheKevster.
Not seen you post your arrival of Leonard’s “Songs From The Road” album yet. Maybe you haven’t got around to ordering it yet​:smile:. I bet it would sound fantastic on your updated LP12. Although have to say it sounds fantastic on anything :joy:

1 Like

Kraftwerk-esque DJ Hell’s Car Car Car 12”

3 Likes

Double LP on orange vinyl, available exclusively at Sainsbury’s. Bit of a bargain at £16.

4 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Songs for Groovy Children - the BoG gigs at the Fillmore.East. Thanks for @TheKevster for the confirmation it’s worth it. :grinning:

5 Likes