What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Not familiar with the album but liking the bikes. 5 TA and a Honda Benley?

1 Like

Lovely compilation I know the Donald Byrd track well the LP of the same name came up when I was searching out his work with Sonny Red that track also features Hank Mobley and Cedar Walton a fantastic candidate for a Tone Poet.

1 Like

Some lovely footage of DB playing Blackbird.

3 Likes

Marvin Gaye - what’s going on: another reissue from a popular series of soul vinyl records, sold at newsstands.

7 Likes

These three:

Can you let us have some more information, are they from newsagents in UK, similar to the previous D’agostini Jazz re issues?
Thanks

D’Agostini are currently running a “Soul in Vinile” monthly LP + magazine campaign in Italy. Number one was James Brown Live at the Apollo. Whether it will come here, who knows?

2 Likes

Interesting, is that the same as the records @gaetanolau is referring to above?

6 Likes

Yes, it is.

Until now I’ve bought two records (of 4): both are good (and cheap).

1 Like

Thanks! The D’Agostini Jazz On 33 series are very well regarded so hopefully the same. As Richard mentioned above not sure if or when will be available here in UK, I’m guessing your in Italy.
:+1:

Google translate is usefull here…

D’Agostini Soul On Vinyl Series

https://www.deagostini.com/it/collezioni-figures-3d/vinili-musica-soul

Not for me… :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps you could translate for us? :wink:

I ran the main page through translate, I couldnt see anything about mastering sources, some of the Jazz On 33 series were believed to be all analogue

Discogs information →

1 Like

Thanks Geoff :+1:

1 Like

From the Italian website I’ve found (and translated) this:

The product in detail

Rediscover the warmth and natural sound of 180g black vinyl
Reprinted starting from the official masters
Faithful reproduction of the original artwork
A unique collection of albums that have changed the history of music
James Brown, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Earth, Wind & Fire and many others …
An unpublished and exclusive booklet to discover the secrets of legendary bands and albums
The great classics, milestones, experiments and rare gems.

1 Like

Just arrived for the weekend. George Micheal Older. Remastered double album 180g. lo and behold both records are flat. Just need a wash clean as they are holding a lot of static.

6 Likes

Nice one @gaetanolau
Whats your verdict on the sound quality on the two you bought so far?
:+1:

Kenny Burrell - Kenny Burrell, BN/Tone Poet. (2022)

Mid 1950’s Mono recording as usual it’s beautifully reissued by the Tone Poet people there’s an exceptional solo version of But Not For Me on side 1.

6 Likes