What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I can’t resist asking which Nikon binoculars you have bought?

I’m not generally into bins, but I have two slightly optically different pairs of their jewel-like Nikon binoculars that were (I think) developed for the Japanese Navy during WW II.

@graham55

Nikon Monarch 5 10x42 (second edition), Graham:

I like binoculars and have a small collection: a couple of Russian Tento (superb if a bit clunky), Nikon Pro Staff, small Canons and a couple of astro bins ( the most lovely of which are the Vixen SG 2.1 below, just wonderful for a wideview of starfields).

2 Likes

You might as well collect the six, and the box!

Yes ‘Look At The Moon’ is my favourite from the set

Not an album but the empty box to put the albums in, arrived yesterday at long last!

2 Likes

I have nothing to compare to but it does sound wonderful to me and my ears. Perfectly flat and quite.

1 Like

John Lee Hooker - The Healer. The album itself needs no introduction here, but all I’ll say is that this Craft reissue is top notch, no doubt thanks to using the old Bernie Grundman cut Classic Records metalwork and pressing at QRP.

13 Likes

So these are made out of vinyl, huh? Wow!

Alfa Mist - Nocturne, Sekito (2022)

A reissue of Alfa’s 2015 release I originally ordered this on blue vinyl back in June and then accepted a refund after it got lost but happily now reissued again in a much nicer black vinyl.

Thread drift. Apologies…

Bite me :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Richard, I’ve a mint UK 1st press bought on release, sonically any major improvements? (ie is it worth upgrading)

I haven’t compared. When this one came out I was trying to build up my collection of CDs and so this one I bought on CD only.

no probs, thanks Richard

Some serious cookin’ goin’ on! Music maybe a bit rough round the edges but that’s the way I like it uh-huh. Very good German pressing.

7 Likes

Just ordered a copy for my mum to give me for my birthday next month along with the Cosi Fan Tutti recommended by @graham55 :blush:

Now that is what I call a collector!!!

Yes, maybe buy the other 2 but heard the Kit Kat Club seems to be generally the least favorite and the Dallas and Birmingham look to have nearly the same set list.

Did you buy “The Mercury Demoes”? Just wondering if it’s worth buying as I can see the Vinyl box on the Dig web site in the sale for £31?

Damm, bought the rest of the series plus Joni Mitchell “Live at Carnage Hall”, Pretenders and The Mercury Demo’s from the Dig sale. Merry Christmas to me!!!

1 Like

I didn’t as the tracks are on Conversation Piece. Enjoy your purchases though, the Mercury Demos is a great price.

1 Like

I have this 2…very impressed!!

6 Likes

Me too. Compared the Mofi with an early UK isuue, and that had more soul and felt faster.

2 Likes