What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Omar Khorshid, Giant + Guitar.

Thanks for the nudge @Dreadatthecontrols - quite the piece of work. As a number of recent purchases have been different to my core listening, so was this one. But there’s something about this that really appeals to my love of some of the longer pieces of electronic music I enjoy. I have precisely none of the musical knowledge that might be required to explain what it is, but happily that doesn’t matter, just enjoying it for what it is 8)

2 Likes

Glad your enjoying it.
I first heard it on a drive into town to visit my dealer (HiFi that is :grin:)

I was listening to Gilles Peterson stuck in traffic who played it and it was one of those brilliant “what is this?” Moments. I hastily scribbled it on a piece of paper. I mentioned it in conversation at the dealers who it turns out had heard it and similarly was taken by it.
There is some more Omar Khorshid available and a couple of titles on Qobuz including Belly Dance In Lebanon, probably not too PC these days but the music…

1 Like

Another top BN Classic :ok_hand:
What a wonderful sound, beautifully pressed👍
Waiting for decreased price was rewarded here again
Loads of fun for a twenny

6 Likes

Nice to hear that people seem to be getting some better BNC pressings now after all the non fill issues that have plagued this series.
:+1:

1 Like

Great sounding 20th anniversary reissue of The Shins “Oh, Inverted World”.

Theshinsohinvertedworld

And this Willy Deville offering. Always liked “Spanish Stroll” so thought I would take a punt. Not disappointed.

shop008640_1080x

2 Likes

A huge parcel arrived from Diverse today…

There were only two albums in the box, it was just very well packed…

4 Likes

Hello, Richard, I’ve been gradually acquiring Horace Silver LPs when I can find them, which are also Blue Note releases. So I did a double-take when I saw your photo of Horace Parlan there.

My most recent vinyl arrived by courier today: Tim Buckley’s ‘The Dream Belongs To Me. Rare And Unreleased Recordings - 1968/1973’.

I had never seen this before, but found it while browsing the Amazon US site. I will give it a spin tomorrow.

Much more exciting, though, yesterday I took delivery of a 2LP set of his son Jeff’s ‘You And I’, a collection of mainly covers, including JB’s truly heartbreaking (and almost unbearably sad) rendition of The Smiths’ ‘I Know It’s Over’, which (in JB’s account) may be the most precious song that I have. I have been playing Amanda Demme’s video of this track for years, but this newly released album is, I think, its first LP release.

All the BN Classics are recut by Kevin. None of the MMJ plates are reused for any of their releases.

1 Like

Oh, dear. I’m really trying to hold it back. Enjoy that Art Pepper album, Kev.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ali Farka Touré, Voyageur just turned up from Rough Trade courtesy of Royal Mail.

After being switched on to the son (Vieux) via (sic) his collaboration alongside Khruangbin, turns out FT senior isn’t half bad either :wink:

Looking forward to giving it a spin this afternoon.

And thank you @Bobthebuilder for the heads up on the release!

6 Likes

Acoustic Sounds Series… :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Picked this up from my local record shop today- I have been looking for a good condition copy of this for a while. Just gave it a listen- great album with excellent production. Very pleased.

15 Likes

Unreal sound quality and great music from a master of African Blues. This track in MQA sounds phenomenal via my Node 2.

4 Likes

The vinyl is lovely too :wink:

1 Like

Oops. Meant to post in a non-vinyl thread. I do prefer vinyl on whole, but stream as well.

1 Like

It’s a cracking album, it’s filling the house right now, wouldn’t worry about being in the wrong thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damm, just cost me £20 for the vinyl! :blush:

1 Like

It’s a lovely piece of vinyl, I wouldn’t regret buying it. I’m no expert, but it seems very well pressed.

1 Like

Wardance - Colloseum 2
In pretty good condition from a local vintage emporium.
Gary Moore in jazz/rock mode :slight_smile: