What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

A bit of a strange one - I preordered Gogo Penguins new album & it’s not due out until the 14th April but I received my copy on Friday. That’s never happened to me before.

Sounds great & I’m feeling a little smug that I have it early!!

3 Likes

Judas! :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely astonishing! Another perfect BN Classic :ok_hand:
Such a clear and wonderful SQ, sensational pressing from Optimal. Can’t believe this, sounds almost like a Tone Poet🙄

13 Likes

My copy arrived today!
Enjoyed the story when Ali picked up Nick Gold and while driving his Peugeot 205 with one hand on the wheel he shot a rabbit and bird that they had for dinner the next night.
Since it was recorded over a 15 year period it is very coherent with superb sound quality and pressing.

6 Likes

After listening to Oumou Sangare on Ali record, I bought her last album.

6 Likes

It should, it uses the same mastering engineer and facility, only the pressing plant is different, Optimal for BNC, RTI for Tone Poet

1 Like

Not my usual thing, but I was listening to this on Spotify yesterday. Ordered Sunday evening delivered today.

Apparently, it is a " UK Exclusive Edition " on Arkansas Coal Color Wax…

LITA 195-1-6

6 Likes

Was never happy with my CD rip of this album but heard it was reissued and cut from original master tape by Tom Overby and it sounds incredible with some nice linear notes.

5 Likes

This is a red vinil?

Tbh, I haven’t opened it yet. I don’t know what colour Arkansas coal is; perhaps it is red :slightly_smiling_face:

I saw a series on JPC and I don’t know if it’s the same as yours … I wanted to get a great vinyl

My first time listening to this album, and I’m really loving it! The Remarkable Carmell Jones on Pacific Jazz Records and released as part of the Tone Poet series.

9 Likes

Glad to hear it Richard Mine is on the shelf and I can’t wait to listen to it when I’m home alone Thursday evening I have it my copy of Bill Evans Trio 64 and my copy of Shintaro Quintet - Evolution that I brought back from Spain to hear on my main stereo system.

The New Jazz Orchestra - Le Djeuner Sur L’Herbe, Verve/Decca (2021)

Part of the excellent British Jazz series from Decca on offer for a very reasonable £20 inc free delivery from Amazon.

It’s a great record. I had heard of her but none of her recordings, but when Woolworths were selling off all their vinyl (when would that have been?) I speculatively picked up a very cheap copy of the Rough Trade issue and was converted into a fan.

Interesting. I also find my latest Classic buys sound better compared to the Classics of last year and before (for example my Maiden Voyage and Speak no Evil). I just bought one of the new batch of Moanin’ (is spinning now) and it also seems to have that RTI quality. Could it be that Optimal changed their quality control or something else? Coinsidence probably.

this is what has driven me mad since 2020, it should but it isn’t :upside_down_face:
one example is “Just Coolin’” from Art Blakey, the US (RTI) and the EU (Optimal) editions are night and day experience with the same material. I had the chance to order the US version from 20 US$ after sending the EU version back. It is as good as an Tone Poet and a total bargain

5 Likes

Taylor Swift, midnight blue copy
Never thought i say this but F’ing amazing. That girl brings reality to pop.
Give it a chance draw dropping recording! cant stop playing it. Think i will buy the other 3 colour lp”s :joy:

2 Likes

Richard i am surprised you use that hard to see remote control. Ive own one before and found it to be a great paper weight. Bit like Naim Audio reference CD players.
I have the bigger maybe just before version that looks like a table tennis paddle. I’ve found it to be useful as a counter weight at the base of some of my lp’s to stop them from sliding side ways. I would post a pic for shuts and giggles but you have seem to of tapper my honest opinion.

Its clear vinyl

1 Like