What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

61sS c6aanL

2xLP down to £15 on the river. Includes two songs not present on the CD version and the SQ is fantastic. Essential purchase for any Nick Cave fans.

14 Likes

4 Likes

I know, i bought it when it came out, awful, as is this one

Heavyweight vinyl? Nearly got Kid A and Ok Computer and glad i didn’t. Maybe find an original pressing an Ebay?

5 Likes

You really need to be careful with A Moon Shaped Pool as there are both Optimal and Rainbo pressings out there. The Rainbos are notoriously noisy and poor. The Optimals are better by far but you still might get a poor one.

As for In Rainbows, I have the 45rpm edition that sounds great and also a single LP I bought in Canada, which is pretty dreadful in comparison.

1 Like

Joe Bonamassa “British Blues Explosion Live” on 180 gram Red White & Blue vinyl.

2 Likes

Thanks to @elverdiblanco for the heads up.

3 Likes

You’re welcome and you won’t be disappointed, it is a fantastic record

1 Like

Does the sleeve / LP wall improve sound? :joy:

A double delivery yesterday:

6 Likes

Yes. It’s the same effect as when you cup your hands behind your ears to capture more sound. :smile:

Just arrived. Bill Fay’s latest album “Countless Branches” deluxe edition.

2 Likes

More second hand record shopping

10 Likes

Two album releases of last year from Lee Scratch

This guy is amazing, 84 years old in a couple of months but he’s still knocking out albums!

Must be supplementing his state pension well :grin:

3 Likes

9 Likes

I am very fortunate to have all his LP’s on Original labels,truly great artist.

R-10899492-1506184721-3503.jpeg

4 Likes

The Band - The Band 50th anniversary

10 Likes

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott - Manchester Calling, pre-ordered the new one from this duo. Heaton’s ability to write a caustic lyric and catchy tune is undimmed, so looking forward to this. Available on CD, double LP and cassette!

4 Likes

Lovely. Calms me down after a raucous sesh with the Pistols’ Never Mind… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes