What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hi Neil, I bought it from a work colleague who just happened to have ended up with 2 copies …! He’s a bit of a collector, so m guessing it may be hard to find. Having said that, I just checked What Records and though their offering says the issuer is UMC, the blurb makes it sound like it’s the same 2014 reissue. Maybe give Tim at What Records a call and check.
Kevin

Thanks for the info, I’ll check it out.

Used record haul from Flash Back in Islington. They’re a bit sharp and price anything mainstream at silly levels, but they have a wide range and if you have non-mainstream tastes then there’s some good stuff available. This lot cost just over £30.

3 Likes

You’ve been rummaging through that “bin” outside their door, haven’t you? Great shop survived by the demise of Haggle Vinyl six years ago, which used to be just a few doors down the road. Enjoy them!

1 Like

Hi Tony,
You clearly know the shop well!
No, these were all from the racks downstairs… yes, many of these still have haggle vinyl stickers on them… I’ve played Emmylou’s White Shoes, Rita Coolidge and Joe Walsh (sorry it didn’t make the pic - Live Album, You Can’t Argue With A Sick Mind) tonight. All sound in pretty good nick even before a spin on the RCM…

It’s kind of “local” shop although I haven’t been there in a while. Weekends definitely to be avoided. Should pay them a visit one of these days. A DJ friend of mine worked there and used to alert me on “collectible” stock arrival. Good old days!:sunglasses:

When I used to work in Islington in the 90s, there were a lot of record shops in the area. There was also a shop on Upper Street that sold second hand cameras and audio gear. Always lots of Quad in there IIRC. I remember drooling over a Chrome Bumper (32.5/Hi/250) at one point. Do you remember it @anon71888798?

Vaguely, Kev. I think it used to be in Upper st. I also used to go to a Reckless Records shop right opposite Islington Green. Remember that one?

1 Like

I do indeed. There was another one I used to go to on Essex Road as well. I’m pretty sure there was a (rubbish) Our Price on Upper Street, and there was a great shop on Chapel Market called Disque, run IIRC by a couple of ex Tower guys.

2 Likes

Recently bought these two first 1st pressings from Replay Records in Grimsby.
Well priced, will be going back there again

7 Likes

Keef Riff-hard for £15. Brand new sealed but will need a good clean before playing, dirtiest new LP I’ve seen in years

1 Like

My copy has arrived, haven’t played it yet but the vinyl looks really excellent, it’s also nice to get a decent length of music time on the sides of Grateful Dead LPs :smiley:

<>

Also:

The £12.99 bargain priced album i snapped up arrived today but without any cardboard protection, just the double album inside a flimsy brown paper bag!
The double album cover is creased up so badly it looks like it’s been thrown against a brick wall at ten paces six times! :angry:

It was probably the last copy Amazon had, so no replacement option, either i get a refund, or accept it for the bargain price i paid complete with rather tatty album cover… i can still enjoy the music; bearing in mind i haven’t taken the album seal off and checked the records yet, i’m assuming at the vinyl has survived unscathed… (?) :thinking:

3 Likes

This arrived today. It was a bit of a surprise as I’d forgotten I had ordered it.

5 Likes

Nice surprise :smiley:

1 Like

Arrived today - thanks to Mr Dane for the recommendation!

Seems more detailed than the hi-res Qobuz download, but also on first listening somewhat harsher.

Nice lined inner sleeve (though cut/damaged where the edge of the vinyl would touch it), and a plasticised lyric sheet which is nice.

Certainly gets the feet tapping though :grin:

7 Likes

That’s familiar :rofl:

2 Likes

Not too shabby from record fair last Saturday.

6 Likes

Couldn’t resist adding the pic disc to the Deluxe 3 LP and Deluxe CD. Maybe I should get the cassette version to…? (Fool and his money…)

3 Likes

Primarily for my wife, but it’s beautiful music nonetheless

2 Likes

Amazon £15.99 prime

Looking forward to it’s arrival tomorrow :smiley:

4 Likes