What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes I’m still looking out for one I have a VG+ copy but with a bit of a dodgy cover in my cart because I’m holding out for a more complete copy but it’s definitely on my radar.

Regarding the Craft Art Pepper I didn’t actually buy the stereo version because I already have an older Analogue Productions copy but the Craft Mono I have is excellent I’d really like to compare the Boplicity one day with both of those.

I feel Rory DuNann did such an amazing job on those Contemporary originals that it’s actually harder to mess up a remaster than to get it right. For me he has though he has always been in RVG’s shadow because of the content but based purely on mastering skill he is as good if not better.

Two new mates of this weekend:
#1 The Velut Luna’s Reference Vinyl - Various pieces collected in a 2 discs limited edition of Velut Luna Records
#2 Gary Burton - The New Quartet - ECM Luminessence Series

2 Likes

Red vinyl anniversary version of ‘My Head is an Animal’ by Of Monsters and Men.

2 Likes

Meg Myers, Tzia… I’ve just pulled the trigger on her latest album having listened to it today a couple of times on Qobuz… another great album. I hope Myers will tour the UK sometime in the not too distant future.

My old stereo US copy is finally falling apart, materially and sonically…so time for a new Goodbye and Hello
Tim Buckley

The mono mix. Looking forward to hearing this, minus crackles…

1 Like

Bought for £4.50 delivered, brand new!

Quite a long album but the sound was incredible, doesn’t need to have a audiophile label selling for £40 when you can achieve this for what must have been a digital cut.
Unfortunately does have a couple minor scratches on one track but will be staying.

1 Like

Picked up some LPs from Drift Records in Totnes this morning:

‘The Rubaiyat of Dorothy Ashby’ - Dorothy Ashby

‘Liege and Lief’ - Fairport Convention

11 Likes

That Dorothy Ashby record is excellent and the pressing is very good too. I’ve bought a few records from Drift online excellent service and competitively priced too.

1 Like

When Held By Trees played in Manchester earlier this year they said a new album was underway. No signs yet….

From a record fair yesterday……£10 each👌

12 Likes

Nice! I have 4 of those, just missing the Rory & Free. Perhaps I should trawl a few record fairs😉

Thanks for letting me know Thruster04, I’ll keep an eye out for it

I really enjoy their first album

Not THE Doug Yoel?

Those shots of the Fore Street have made my morning. Thank you. My mum was born in Totnes and me at Buckfastleigh. Just brilliant.

1 Like

Sorry to correct you but the hype sticker says “re-mastered from original tapes” (no mention of analogue), In record company doublespeak that can mean anything.
Of course if it sounds good it is but I think its important not to mislead.

1 Like

Hi gaetanolau, whats your opinion on the Luminessence Series?

Totnes, twinned with Narnia! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

These three from the local second hand shop yesterday.

2 Likes

A towel, flip flops?

https://moseleyshoals.org.uk/wp/

1 Like

Ah, such a great album, takes me straight back to the day, I have a 1967 UK stereo Elektra red label first press, sadly no gatefold on the UK issue, and a USA 1976 stereo butterfly label, and the mono 50th, but I can’t recall playing that…yet, “Pleasant Street” indeed.

2 Likes