What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours -Live. Received today, but can’t listen tonight. Interesting to hear how it sounds.

4 Likes

BARGAIN ALERT

Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings Again, Timeless/Music on Vinyl (2022)

£10.65 inc postage on eBay.

s-l500 (2)

3 Likes

Enjoying a short break in South Devon, England.
Found this fab’ place - Torre Records - in Dartmouth

Lots of lovely vinyl to choose from. Came away with these classics, to add to our singles collection…

Might be a few days before I can play them. Few days of holiday to be enjoyed :sun_with_face:

17 Likes

Genesis - ‘Seconds Out’ (1977). The 2019 half-speed remaster. Have recently got my Rega P8 connected again so I am trying this. Will compare with the usual vinyl and CD editions.

12 Likes

How many Chet Baker albums have you got now @Bobthebuilder?

I’ve got 158 but @Bobthebuilder has a few I would still like (at the right price!)

1 Like

:open_mouth:
158!

How many Chet albums are there? Must be a lot of posthumous ones?

Chet recorded extensively, studio and live, in his final years, for a lot of small and often dubious operators, basically to keep him in drug money, cash in hand. He was on the move around Europe pretty constantly. A lot of this stuff is now appearing on vinyl.

James Gavin’s bio has the full sorry story.

1 Like

Not counted recently Discogs says 90 but I’ve quite a few not registered I’d say somewhere close to Ian’s amount.

I know he isn’t everybody’s cup of tea he is certainly not Shepp or Coltrane but on the occasion he gets it right he can be sublime and in my humble opinion out play many of the so called greats.

1 Like

The record above Chet Baker Sings Again was part of a group of records Chet recorded on Wim Wigt’s Timeless records all are excellently recorded mastered and pressed during the 1980’s.

As a part of Timeless’s Anniversary celebrations they have joined up with Music On Vinyl to reissue some of the labels biggest hits including a few by Cheat but do also check out the others as MOV have done a fine job.

I have the original first pressing of this particular record but a a tenner posted it’s very hard to turn down.

Thanks @Dreadatthecontrols this record is fantastic :ok_hand:
I hope you had a good time in Norway and could watch out for some polarlights

1 Like

Limited Edition “Crystal Clear” vinyl.

7 Likes

I saw this band (led by a member of Sir George’s family) at Ronnie Scott’s yesterday and they were excellent. Their PR lady kindly sent me their new LP:

5 Likes

Very under rated is Dizzy Reece imo. Try to check out Blues In Trinity.
Yes, thanks. Enjoyed Norway very much, beautiful country, unfortunately cloudy weather meant we didn’t see the lights but the scenery in the Fijords is amazing. Lovely laid back people too, I’m further exploring the music of Grieg after visiting Bergen.
Rather busy in the real world right now, but will be active on the forum again soon.
Happy listening
:heart:

1 Like

Latest Purchases on vinyl

2 Likes

Just arrived this week Janis Ian Breaking Silence. Double album 45rpm. Cut by Kevin Gray.

4 Likes

The Neil Young album is excellent. Played my copy yesterday.

Craft Small Batch all-analogue one-step Monk in da house!

14 Likes

4 Likes

Yussef Dayes & Alfa Mist - Love Is The Message, VF (2023)

2nd Edition of the super rare 12” Vinyl Factory 2nd Edition they are ttp with the pricing of this reissue but I like it that much I’m prepared to pay it.

1 Like