What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I won’t sell it.

1 Like

Somebody did…

6 Likes

Two Tone Poet’s, quality is top notch and sound is heavenly! Stick-Up can be bought of the River for £23 so great value.

4 Likes

Promo copy.

This forum will drive me into using emojis.

1 Like

Those two are great value at that ‘certain site’. Wish they would drop the price of the likes of Schizophrenia to that deal !

1 Like

How’s the JAMC?

It’s excellent, very raw. From the liner notes the set was never intended to be recorded but the engineer noticed a usb port on the mixing desk and thought “why not?”
Consequently the venue wasn’t mic’d for audience reaction making for a different feel to the album, almost like you’re at the final rehearsal.
It’s a great track selection too, and Isobel Campbell guested on two songs making it, for a J&MC fan anyway, an essential purchase. The vinyl is weighty and clean sounding too.

2 Likes

Thanks! I feel a purchase coming on…

1 Like

And…ordered.

1 Like

They often do drop after the initial fomo run has calmed down.

1 Like

The best PiL album in 20 years. Not too difficult, there have only been three …
Could have been their very best if the they’d left the couple of weaker songs off.

Public_Image_Ltd_-_End_of_World

3 Likes

@Dynaudio1 I tend to wait it out, if an album goes out of stock that I want then I don’t lose any sleep as we always have others to buy. A lot of the older Tome Poets are around £32, hopefully in a few months Schizophrenia will be closer to this mark.

Just seen Andrew Hill “Point of Departure” £15!!! currently streaming it to see if I like it.

2 Likes

Fantastic album imo and a bargain for £15
:+1:

:pray: Bought! Had Freddie Hubbard “Breaking Point” as it was already in my basket so bought both. That’s it for me for awhile!

1 Like

Enjoy!
If you like Point Of Departure have a listen to Passing Ships by Andrew Hill.
:heart:

The Who - Wno’s Next, Track Recods (2023)

I’m going to buck the trend and say I’m really enjoying my Abbey Rd 50th Anniversary remaster.

After a couple of listens I think I actually prefer it to my first press. It’s not perfect of course I’ve never thought that Glyn John’s original mix transfers to home stereos very well though and on my system this AR does a better job.

3 Likes

I agree, I think that the recent ‘Who’s Next’ LP that I bought is very good. (And I still think that the cover photo is one of the silliest ever - not a lot of class on display there!)

From the same era, I have Neil Young’s ‘Harvest’ - a sticker proclaims that it has been ‘mastered from the original analog master tapes’, but they almost always say that.

A very kind postman has just delivered Alexander ‘Skip’ Spence’s only solo LP ever, ‘Oar’, which I haven’t heard in ages. I will go and have a listen shortly.

(Another of rock music’s casualties.)

1 Like