What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Smoke Fairies - Singles compilation on clear vinyl.

The Horace Silver Quintet & Trio - Blowin’ the Blues Away, BN/Clasic (2023)

Another excellent Blue Note Classic reissue from Horace Silver.

5 Likes

Roy Haynes Quartet - Out Of The Afternoon, Impulse/Acoustic Sounds (2023)

I love Tommy Flanagan’s playing on this excellent record. Beautifully pressed, remastered and presented.

December, 29, 1978 in the Sound Ideas Studio, New York City.

1 Like

Just ordered this LP on Nimbus West -

3 Likes

Thanks @mkp1969

It’s bloody great! Loving it cranked up on headphones. Cheers!

3 Likes

£4 Charity shop buy of Kubelik’s MaVlast. I won’t be springing €67 for the new Original Source version as it’s not an essential work for me, but the Kubelik/Boston performance and the SQ of even this Privilege DG suggest that the new OS reissue should be pretty awesome if the music is your bag.

6 Likes

I will probably be suckered into buying those LPs when they are released as Original Source records.

Happy to be of service

1 Like

Tommy McCook & The Agrovators - Super Star Disco Rockers (Pressure Sounds)

Lovely Jazz/Dub/Instrumental album lead by the great Tommy McCook originally released in 1977 produced by Bunny Lee at King Tubby’s and lovingly re issued by Pressure Sounds in 2018 and now available again.

:heart:

1 Like

Final three to complete the desperate journalist set via a bandcamp combo deal they have on.

2 Likes

Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
•Anne-Sophie Mutter
•Wiener Philharmoniker
•Herbert Von Karajan

Simply sublime and my new favourite version😊

4 Likes

I wish that Decca would re-release the Alan Loveday/ASMF recording of ‘The Four Seasons’. Apparently, soloist and orchestra went out for a boozy lunch, then convened - much ‘refreshed’ - to make the recording.

I have never heard it, but it was a ‘rosette’ recommendation in the old Penguin Record Guide.

2 Likes

Delivered Friday 15/09, literally as we were leaving for our ill-fated week in the Derbyshire Dales.
Nina Simon - Four Women

5 Likes

At last! It’s arrived!

And what a beautiful box it is!

10 Likes

Yes it’s a beautiful box set have you listened yet?

Only the first LP, not the live one.

The live one is the best in my opinion.

Another reasonably priced Tone Poet series courtesy Diverse Vinyl.

Wayne Shorter - The All Seeing Eye

8 Likes

I have just taken delivery of The Jesus And Mary Chain’s ‘Sunset 666’, a 2LP set

1 Like

New one from Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex…

Not officially released until tomorrow but Burning Shed are ahead of the game! :+1:t3: :grinning:

2 Likes