What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Maurizio Pollini’s first ever recording - Chopin’s First Piano Concerto, an EMI record from 1961 with Philharmonia/Paul Kletzki, recorded a year after Pollini won the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw in 1960.

I think that EMI `have deleted the record, but I found a Seraphim issue of on on the Amazon USA site. I’m looking forward to playing it later this morning.

Pollini made that record, plus a record of Chopin solo piano works, before withdrawing from public view for seven years to continue studying - with Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, among others.

1 Like

A lovely record. I have this somewhere (an early white & gold label) that I purchased from Gramex many years ago.

Anybody else here that used to visit Grsmex? Always hilarious and best to expect the unexpected.

The Pineapple Thief " It Leads to This" . Excellent last release from TPT !

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying this too, though on hi-res digital. Hasn’t listened to them before, now have 5 albums :sunglasses:

I also bought on vinyl Sixpence None The Richer’s self-titled album, now reissued as a 2LP set, pressed on 180 gm vinyl, with the lovely “Kiss Me”, the closest that the group ever got to a hit single. I have had this on CD ever since it was released, but it’s great to have a new vinyl re-release.

Yussef Dayes Experience - Live From Malibu, Brownswood Recordings (2024)

Following on from the excellent Live at Joshua Tree released last year Live from Malibu features the same band Rocco Palladino on bass, Elijah Fox keys, Venna Saxophone and Alexander Bourt Congas & Percussion and again apart from the excellent cover of Jaco Pastorious’ Portrait of Tracey and Tioga Pass by Rocco Palladino all of the songs are written by Yussef Dayes.

The pressing and mastering are well done but the music deserves a top draw engineer it is though still an excellent record.

2 Likes

Swing 52 ft Arnold Jarvis - Colour of My Skin, ffrrecords

This is House music of the highest quality but like many 2x12” releases features only one mix worth hearing the rest are just fillers.

2 Likes

Manu Katche and guests. Fabulous jazz on ECM with their distinctive sound production.

6 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Real Royal Albert Hall 1966 Concert.

So called because for some time a concert from Manchester’s Free Trade Hall circulated, masquerading as the London recording.

This was the infamous occasion when an audience member shouted ‘Judas’ at the (former) folkie Dylan, because of his use of amplified instruments on stage.

Been on my wish-list for far too long:

Currently £17:12 from Amazon uk :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

17 Likes

Dr John Plays Mac Rebennack

Sundazed double vinyl

4 Likes

Some Kind Of Blue.

9 Likes

Not bad for a tenner. I have an original release copy but was curious to see how this will compare.

4 Likes

Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Dume
The Zuma sessions 1975
Double album, Chris Bellman cut.

Mingus
Mingus Dynasty
Pure Pleasure double album.

4 Likes

My latest is Faces Long Player album. A rather excellent condition vinyl particularly for a 50+ year original pressing and the best thing, great music.

7 Likes

After several weeks lost in the post Gillian Welch Soul Journey, 2018 eventually arrived brand new in perfect condition. Fantastic analog recordings.

9 Likes

My latest order from Juno.

More BE for my collection.

7 Likes

A brace of John Martyn, both great albums and the Abbey Road Half Speed mastering is superb

14 Likes

Vinyl at last.

14 Likes

Where did you find these? Thks