What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Have both.
The MFSL IASW is damn fine.

1 Like

Stevie, did you have an Ittok before your current Ekos? I ask because of the black plug on the LP12 armboard (covering where an Ittok armrest would be.)

I did Graham, & still had Ittok when I moved to Keel, hence the plug. I still kinda miss the Ittok…felt like part of the family.

1 Like

I know the feeling, Stevie, as I had a lovely black-finished Japanese-built Ittok many years ago, before I bought my first ARO. I sold it for not a lot of money (in pre-eBay days). I wish now that I had kept it. It was beautifully built.

Seven Steps To Heaven is worth a visit too Graham.

Thanks, Neil, I’ll have a look.

1 Like

Bitches Brew is my favourite now, took some understanding but worth the effort. Both rewarding and demanding

5 Likes

BB is superb.
Recommend Agharta, Pangaea and LiveEvil too…

2 Likes

KOB is great as are a couple of his other albums but I really struggle with BB, I find it hard going, not my favourite jazz album by some way.

I confess that (like Oxfordian) I find ‘Bitches Brew’ a difficult listen. I’m not sure whether or not to persevere with it.

I suspect people who liked ‘old’ Miles were in some shock when he radically changed into…‘new directions’, lol.

Bit like Dylan.

I came to Miles at the time of Jack Johnson and Silent Way so I easily loved the new.

I’d leap in the flames to save BB. Don’t think I would for Sketches of Spain.

3 Likes

Issy Ferris & Archie Sylvester - Otherness

“Otherness is Ferris & Sylvester’s second studio album. Sonically, the album ranges across a spectrum of psychedelic folk, blues, rock and soul, yet the songs are connected by the duo’s stark and vivid storytelling. Recorded at the pair’s studio to a 1960’s tape machine with production side-kick Michael Rendall, and released through their own label Archtop Record.”

2 Likes

Ferris & Sylvester - Superhuman
Debut album

2 Likes

Maybe I should take a listen to Sketches if you prefer BB, I’ve never heard it so using a bit of logic if I struggle with BB maybe SoS is more my style.

Sketches is certainly very different to Bitches… it’s very good but, for me, not essential Miles. Luckily, he made so many great albums that there’s a ‘Miles-style’ for everyone.

Having said that, I’ll give SoS another spin - just in case…lol.

3 Likes

What’s the worst that could happen??
It was rewarding for me

1 Like

Oh man! This one is all heat - this dude hits so hard. Nice pick :+1:

Pure Pleasure records

4 Likes

Deep and moody, another £14 from the River that is much better than the stream version.

IMG_0681

2 Likes

An exceptional drummer and composer one if the UK’s finest.

1 Like