What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Buddy Guy / Junior Wells - Going Back to Acoustic
Bill Withers - Still Bill
Dire Straits - Communique

All new but from a stores overstock from the Bristol Show so between 40-50% off RRP.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying. As long as it sounds good, hasn’t been compressed to hell, and there are no noises intruding into the music, then I can live with a bit of noise between tracks!

Just brought this,
I dedicate the album to the nova pe thread

3 Likes

Bill Evans Trio - Bil at Town Hall, Acoustic Sounds

4 Likes

Love Frank Turner. One of my faves. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone else post!

In fact just pre-ordered vinyl+double cd of Undefeated from his website a bit earlier.

1 Like

Pharoah Sanders Quartet - Crescent With Love, Venus Records Jpn

I’ve always wanted to sample a Venus Records release and I love the music on this record. Firstly it’s not AAA if that matters and I have Tone Poets for half the price that sound as good.

It is beautifully presented and the vinyl is physically perfect and although it is really overpriced it’s still a wonderful record.

5 Likes

If you like Blood, try Desire, which followed immediately after BOTT. It’s his second best after Blood IMHO.

1 Like

Update for you @IanF, I have now cleaned this properly and no more noise in-between the tracks! :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Bumper crop from postie this merry morn. Alas won’t have time to listen for a few days.

Joe Henderson - Power to the People
Charles Lloyd - The Sky Will Still be There Tomorrow
Jan Garbarek - Afric Pepperbird

5 Likes

That Joe Henderson is an absolute banger @BlueCanary

1 Like

Joe Henderson?

1 Like

2024 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :grinning:

9 Likes

Hi lovely set of records I’m going to buy the Charles Lloyd so am curious how the pressing is because as beautiful as his previous Trios releases where the pressings were just ok.

Thanks and enjoy.

1 Like

Hi BtB - flat, quiet with a lovely rich tone. Hope yours will be the same.

1 Like

4 Likes

You got advanced copies Kev? I thought those two had a release date of 10 May. Mine are on pre-order.

1 Like

I get advance copies because I often review them @badger1954 – 10th May is indeed the release date.

1 Like

Walt Disco - Unlearning. Selling for £20 at the OMD gigs but paid only £13.47 on Amazon

1 Like

Last two vinyl from Luminessence Serie!

3 Likes

Matthew Halsall - Bright Sparkling Lights, Gondwana Records (2024)

As per the title top drawer again from Matthew Halsall.

3 Likes