What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Bob Dylan Blood on the tracks.

My wife said quite a while ago that we should get some Bob Dylan. I have never been a fan of Dylan and have only listened to him on the radio over the years. Whilst searching for another record I came across this album on sale 40% off and still sealed, I took the plunge. Yesterday it arrived in immaculate condition & just gave it a quick wash and put it on. I don’t mind admitting this but by the end of the album and listening to the last track, buckets of rain I was totally overcome with emotion and sat there in tatters a remarkable moving piece of work.

14 Likes

The alternate version, “more blood, more tracks” is well worth a listen. Part of his bootleg series.
Where next? Try John Wesley Harding, or Bringing it all back home.
I’m a huge fan, bordering on obsessive!!

3 Likes

Then you need his best ever album Planet Waves.

If you want a live album then Before the Flood is highly recommended.

2 Likes

Thanks I will give them a listen :ear:

Thanks put on my listening list :ear:

1 Like

Cannonball Adderley ft Bill Evans - Know What I Mean, Riverside OJC. (2024)

Another classy OJC reissue from Craft.

6 Likes

Alfa Mist & Amika Quartet - Exist, Sekito (2024)

A 7” precursor to a long player by Alfa and the Amika Quartet which will be recorded live.

More innovation from the young Londoner two beautiful songs also nicely mastered by Stuart Hawkes at Metropolis really looking forward to the upcoming LP.

2 Likes

These 2 from a charity shop. £3.99 each.

10 Likes

Really enjoyed streaming this so just ordered the vinyl.

IMG_0682

6 Likes

Degritter is not duckshit👍

1 Like

Great isn’t it. Lovely record .

Yes never had a vinyl copy before and have only ever streamed it excellent pressing.

1 Like

Thanks, email sent.

What a great album, so glad you like it.

I agree with both @Mikee and @AndyP, though I will go further and say, get all those early albums! Everyone will have e their own personal favourite/favourites but they are all equally great! The meaning, the content, the depth of them is just staggering.

I have been listening to those early ones for years and they just never tire.

1 Like

Latest haul of used vinyl. From my hifi dealer in Belbroughton. …and while I was there…listened to the Harbeth speakers on the Nelson subwoofer columns…very impressive.

8 Likes

3 Likes

That GWJ Winelight alone is a great album. Enjoy them!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

How does this sound on vinyl? I’m enjoying the streamed version… a lot!

Sounds great on vinyl with a small amount of noise between tracks.
Unfortunately my Audio Desk Systeme Pro cleaner has a fault so doesn’t clean properly, these could possibly be removed with a proper clean… :+1: :grin:

£3.99, that’s a good deal for a Degritter.

:roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like