What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

That Stone Roses reissue is very nice indeed :wilted_flower:

1 Like

Was new sealed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

2020 2x45rpm repress, pressed by Pallas… :grin:

17 Likes

Following a visit to Rearsby, I decided I needed to grab a copy of this showpiece vinyl extravaganza. I doubt it’ll sound quite as impressive on my Ob 2’s as on Peter’s 808’s, but looking forward to cranking this next time I have the house to myself!

14 Likes

Shakira - Unplugged

Hey Tony, I’ve not seen that album before. Are they studio or live recordings? Thanks.

It’s an American comp but doesn’t have the ‘hits’.
https://www.discogs.com/master/427436-The-Yardbirds-Featuring-Performances-By-Jeff-Beck-Eric-Clapton-Jimmy-Page

1 Like

Flamin’ Groovies
Shake Some Action
Sire US first press, at last!
Been looking for a NM copy for ages.

Music Of The Sioux and Navajo
Ethnic Folkways Library US
Always have had a great love of American Indian music, drum & pow wow groups etc

3 Likes

Clive, it is a double album of live and studio outtakes recordings only released in the US.
I’ll be giving it a good old spin later on tonight with a special guest and all. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, Clive. It looks like it has some tracks which I’ve not heard before (although I’ll have to look through my Yardbirds collection to be sure). Shipping from the US is a bit steep.

Chet Baker - Straight From the Heart, The Last Great Concert Vol II, Enja Records (2024)

This reissue along with Vol 1 have allowed us Chet fans to own these two super rare records without breaking the bank.

They are especially poignant because they were recorded just a couple of weeks before Chet fell to his death from the open window of a hotel in Amsterdam and so form a musical epitaph.

Backed by the NDR Big Band and the Radio Orchestra Hanover and recorded live in the 28th April at the Funkhaus Hanover. The songs were selected by Chet and although they are not his best work either musically or vocally the backing musicians more than make up for that with some excellent performances.

2 Likes
1 Like

As my new Apheta 3 goes through its initial running in period, I’ve not been able to resist digging into the ever growing pile of new LPs waiting for a spin. So up now is Josh Rouse’s 1972, which is a bit of a nostalgia trip back to my days flying around the world as Naim’s export manager, and this album was one of my go-to choices when on the road (or more aptly, up in the air). It’s been done well here, and luckily the Pressing is not too noisy - an issue with many Yep Roc releases, I have found. The music is of course absolutely top notch. Joyous.

5 Likes

One of my all time favourites :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2011 Analogue Productions 2x45rpm Limited Edition… :sunglasses: :notes:

11 Likes

Mahler - Symphony No 4/Cleveland Orchestra - George Szell.

Recorded in about 1964, when Mahler’s standing was very low compared to today, with a wonderful contribution in the fourth movement from soprano Judith Raskin, singing a child’s vision of heaven.

I don’t think that there has been a better recording of the work in the fifty years since this record was taped.

1 Like

I managed to track down a brand new Dead Can Dance Spiritchaser 2010 Ltd edition Mofi. A very powerful and haunting recording.

4 Likes

I went to my first record fair (Frome) today. Expensive visit, but looking forward to listening to some of these after they’ve been through the Degritter.

6 Likes

I’ve been really looking forward to giving this Atlantic 75th 45rpm reissue of Crosby, Stills & Nash a spin. No it doesn’t miraculously turn it into a sonic spectacular, but it does cut through much of the murkiness that’s a feature of other vinyl issues and certainly it’s the best I’ve heard this album. The music is of course sublime - helplessly hoping may just make my top 5 songs of all time. At £65 it’s not cheap, but it’s actually well worth the money.

10 Likes

Wonder how this AP 45 release compares to the 33 Classic Records Bernie Grundman cut, Richard?

Oh, I see that Bernie mastered the AP too. Hmm… I’ll have to order it!