What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Samory I - Strength, Easy Star (2024)

One of the new and very talented Jamaican Roots stars staying true to Jamaican Reggae rather than the mainly heavily US R&B influenced Dancehall stars. With guest appearances from Lila Ike, Jesse Royal, Kabaka Pyramid, Capleton & Mortimer.

1 Like

They still can’t get the order right, can they? :grin:

1 Like

I bought this CS&N LP recently from Amazon USA, a record celebrating 75 years of Atlantic Records (according to a sticker on the front cover). Rather to my surprise, the LP is pressed on clear vinyl - which I know some people think will sound inferior to black vinyl, but it’s clear as a bell.

It’s good to have a sheet with the lyrics, which I don’t remember having in the ancient LP which I must have bought at around the time of the original 1969 release (now donated to a local charity shop).

I didn’t realise they did a clear version. Is it the same Analogue Productions 45rpm cut?

1. Mastered by Chris Bellman (CB in deadwax not BG)

So not the same as AP I guess.

1 Like

Thanks, Stevie. I can’t see anything on the record sleeve or label to say where it was mastered, or by whom. Just a catalogue number RCD1 8229, followed by 60349787045.

The record is pressed in the Czech Republic.

And to answer Richard’s question, I hope that it’s not 45rpm. I have the Linn adapter (and a spare belt), but I’ve never been brave enough to try them. Which is vexing, as I bought a new Jesus and Mary Chain 2LP set, ‘Glasgoweyes’, which the label tells me is 180G double LP, frosted clear vinyl, cut at 45RPM.

I will need to sort out my 45RPM adapter phobia, as I have now quite a few LPs which I can’t play otherwise.

It’s a single album, Graham. Therefore, 33.

No adaptor needed.

Mastering initials in the deadwax.
Looks like there is no US cut, Czech worldwide.

I bought two different Atlantic 75’s (3 copies in all, as one was replaced)…all had a pressing fault at the start of side 2 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks, stevie, that’s a relief. I was rather afraid to try playing it!

@anon70766008

Get it played. Just in case…(see my last sentence above)

Hopefully my albums were just a blip in pressing quality.

I didn’t realise they did a clear version. Is it the same Analogue Productions 45rpm cut?

3 Versions Rhino / Analogue Productions / Vinyl me please

Each month’s Atlantic 75 collection reflects the label’s diverse and rich history.
Rhino With most titles pressed in crystal clear vinyl, releases included span groundbreaking works that underline the genre-defiant greatness of the label’s release over the years.
In addition, Atlantic has partnered with noted audiophile label Acoustic Sounds for a multi-year - long slate of 180-Gram, 45RPM black vinyl, and SACD versions of classic Atlantic albums.
The label has also partnered with beloved vinyl subscription service VMP (Vinyl Me, Please) for their first ever label collection for Record of the Month

1 Like

Chet Baker & Enrico Pieranunzi - Heart of the Ballad, Philology (1988)

Pressing is excellent as is the sound and the music is top drawer. Enrico Pieranunzi is a brilliant pianist who complements Chet perfectly.

2 Likes

Looking through Discogs, I couldn’t see a VMP reissue of CSN…may have missed it among these:

Classic Records
Mofi
Electric Recording Co
AP 45
Atlantic 75 33/3 clear

Totally blown away to find an extra record added to my order as a thank you gift. Fleetwood Mac first edition , printed in the USA RSD 2012 limited edition one of 6000. Cut by Chris Bellman. Sounds absolutely fantastic.

12 Likes

Armored Core VI - OST (2023 first pressing, 4 x LP)

Just arrived today. Don’t have many soundtracks on vinyl, let alone electronic-heavy ones so this should be fun to spin. Came with a nifty felt mat that I will never use, but a freebie is a freebie.

Hope the pressing sounds good.

1 Like

Just getting around to giving Neil Young’s recent Dume vinyl release a spin. Zuma has always been one of my favourite NY albums so this double LP with the extra tracks from the original sessions was hotly anticipated by yours truly. And… yes, I love it. Do I love it more than Zuma…? On the strength of this first play, maybe…

15 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the one big disappointment with this album. As I was removing the large fold out lyric sheet I spied a small card in there too. My initial thought was “oh how thoughtful of Neil to include a download card for digital devices”. No such luck! And to add insult to injury it was advertising a twenty dollar annual sub to his website. :frowning:

3 Likes

Haven’t played my copy yet…will have to be a headphone treat I think.

Oh, it’s definitely going to be a treat!

2 Likes

I also recently acquired the new Neil Young “Dume” album.
It sounds really great. (I also have Zuma).

1 Like

Samory I - Strength, Easy Star (2024)

Nice pressing even if it’s a bit bass heavy but the music is first rate especially Wrath the Capelton and Kabaka Pyramid track.

1 Like